Quantcast

Want to Test ride a DORADO?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Ever wonder what the 2010 Alum. Manitou Dorado feels like?? Do you think its just all hyped up by sponsored riders? Well luckily I have a Demo Dorado for YOU people out there to test. Its the same thing as buying a car, if you are interested you can go and test drive it. Well unfortunately you cant just go and test ride a Dorado that easily. So if you are interested in test riding some of the best suspension in the market come on out to Diablo Freeride Park this weekend and see me.

All you have to do is buy a lift ticket from Diablo and hand over your drivers license and a CC for the time you test the bike. Free of charge, BUT if you do end up breaking a part YOU do have to replace it. Fair enough right? Cool.

The Dorado will be mounted up on my 2009 Medium Giant Glory so you people that are 6'3" might be SOL sorry, cant accommodate everyone! Also Bring your own pedals and rear shock spring(9.5x 3.0) if you have one. If not we will make something work. Right now its set up for someone 160-180ish. I do happen to have a few other spring rates laying around which I can pack in the truck.

Serious inquiries PM me and we will chat about times and get this set up legit!

Dennis

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Great idea. With more initiatives like that were present (or go ride test a shock). Maybe your willing to travel to Poland ? ;)

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Darn, 6'7"/260 - I would like to test the dream fork, boo!

Cool maneuver! There has been a lot of questioning about the new Dorados; all I've heard is very good so far.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
damn i wish i could be there. i am 170#.....this would be perfect and i have been :drool:ing over those since they came out. what are the chances you would send the fork to me to try;)

any way, cool idea, great way to put your money where your mouth is :thumb:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
damn i wish i could be there. i am 170#.....this would be perfect and i have been :drool:ing over those since they came out. what are the chances you would send the fork to me to try;)

any way, cool idea, great way to put your money where your mouth is :thumb:

sure! you send me 2,000 dollars cash to hold on too and when you send the fork back (which you wont because you will love it so much) then you will get your money back! :thumb:

Exactly everyone doesnt believe the hype of the dorado because of years past with manitou having problems. But now this is peoples chance to come test right and feel it for yourself! I will have the Dorado for the remaining of the year so if you are itchin to try it make a trip out to diablo sometime before the season ends and give it a shot! I dare you... you wont!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Still gonna be at Whiteface next weekend?

I have a different stroke shock(10.5X3.5) so no go there. Have a spring for a 210lb rider? If you are at the face and willing to let me try it a shuttle run on the short bus will be enough.

We are bringing tons of hot dogs, you can have a few.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Still gonna be at Whiteface next weekend?

I have a different stroke shock(10.5X3.5) so no go there. Have a spring for a 210lb rider? If you are at the face and willing to let me try it a shuttle run on the short bus will be enough.

We are bringing tons of hot dogs, you can have a few.
Umm not sure about the white face trip just yet, might have some other stuff lined up that weekend that will help me out in the long run... ill let you know.

i heard they prevent crashing on 40ft finish line jumps
they dont prevent it, but the dampening in the fork has saved a few people from crashing really hard. ask "kidonabike"

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Ask me. The dampening in my Boxxer has saved me to. Come to think of it, my Shiver saved me a couple of times too. Who knew? I guess all forks are the same.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Ask me. The dampening in my Boxxer has saved me to. Come to think of it, my Shiver saved me a couple of times too. Who knew? I guess all forks are the same.
Hey dude take your negativity some where else, im stickin my own ride out there for people to test the dorado, if you dont want to test it then dont post. I dont have to be doing this but I thought it would be nice for people to test ride rare suspension before they buy it thats all.

Thank you

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No negativity. Just having a good laugh. That post has provided plenty. I let people test ride my rigs all the time at Windrock and Snowshoe. Its a good thing. The difference is I don't run a credit card. :)