Quantcast

Want want WANT!!!!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I don't have that option even for my own photos, either, so it must be an omission.
Try it nao?

Edit: Of course, what I *meant* to say in a completely serious and non-inebriated manner was that earlier today it just sort of enlarged the pictures. Now it seems to dump everything in the folder into a photo-viewer similar to (google's own) Picasa. Of course, I still don't see soemthign that allows for 100% of the size of the pics, unless you had intentionally cropped them down to the 900/600 or whatever size they show up as.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Anybody have an extra invite to throw my way?! I like the "friend circles" idea. I *dislike* the lack of friend organization on Facebook, and think that g+ should get an A+ for this one.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anybody have an extra invite to throw my way?! I like the "friend circles" idea. I *dislike* the lack of friend organization on Facebook, and think that g+ should get an A+ for this one.
Just for the record, you can do the same thing with Facebook. Friend lists, it's called. Not very good interface for that, though.

For those who can't get in, here's something to tide you over in the interim:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121729207915938

:weee: :D

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just for the record, you can do the same thing with Facebook. Friend lists, it's called. Not very good interface for that, though.

For those who can't get in, here's something to tide you over in the interim:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121729207915938

:weee: :D
lol That page looks like nothing so much as a way for you to taunt the unG+ social media paupers with screen shots of your G+ page!

No I'm not bitter that I don't have an invite yet, really I'm not! :(
But I am so looking forward to having something other than farcebook.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Noticed Google+'s invite system is restored - no workaround required. Anyone want one?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
I got one out to ScaredShttles last night, but no clue if he got on or not. I think that they're adding capacity, and then shutting it down once that capacity is reached. Got an account as Stray Cat Bicycles as well, and by this morning everything was shut down.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Ugh.... so my trials with multiple accounts on Google continue. On the plus side, they've streamlined the bar along the top of any google page in a browser, and clearly state which one is the default (ie, used for google voice, checkout, etc). Switching back and forth between the two while in Google+ is great.

Now, with Google+ App v1.0.2 (just updated) there is a way to pick which google account you want to use Google+ with......... but there's no way to log out. So if you want to switch between Google+ accounts, you have to go into Settings, find the Google+ App, force stop, and then open it up again. Then you have the option of which one to log in with.

Looks like Google is slowly (but surely) making their way to a pretty kick-ass product.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
it's still an early beta, and is still being actively debugged. I get a new version of the android app at least every other day.

less users = less chaos = easier debugging.
wanna hook a brother up?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
PM me your email addresses. You'll get an email with a "learn more" button, but it will only work when Google opens up more capacity (then you'll arrive a "Join Now" page). Otherwise you just get taken to a "keep me informed" page. They seem to be adding capacity at night every couple days, but no clue on the actual schedule.

By the way, HUGE THANKS to all of the RM members on Google+ who kept their avatar the same. It's makes figuring out who is who a lot easier... :)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dante, the trick doesn't work anymore. It redirects them to a page that says invites are closed.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
dante, the trick doesn't work anymore. It redirects them to a page that says invites are closed.
It only redirects them when the invites are closed (ie, ALL invites don't work). However, as long as you have that email, when they *do* open up the invites, you can use that same email to get in, it just takes you to the Join Now page instead of the "Keep me informed" page. I sent an email to Stray Cat's gmail account on 7/1, and was finally on 7/6 the Learn More button took me to the "Join" page instead. It basically means that when they add capacity you don't have to scrounge around for an invite then...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Ill check it out too. Anyone else have an invite?
PM me your email addresses. You'll get an email with a "learn more" button, but it will only work when Google opens up more capacity (then you'll arrive a "Join Now" page). Otherwise you just get taken to a "keep me informed" page. They seem to be adding capacity at night every couple days, but no clue on the actual schedule.
:rolleyes::p:D

They're not handing out a set number of invites (like they did with gmail), they're opening "windows" instead. So during an open "window" a couple nights ago they turned the invites on, and people could send out invites or join if they'd already gotten one. By the next morning they'd shut down the invites for everyone again...