Quantcast

Want want WANT!!!!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
So, I am the only one seeing a mass disinterest in G+ with friends? I'm thinking FB hasn't lost much ground.
I hope it doesn't get like mtb forums. There are at least a dozen for New England mountain bikers. Its a shame that we are so fragmented becuase it would be so much better if we were all on one (preferbly FB).

If my friends get split between Google and FB then I will lose touch with those on Google because I'm not going to check and post to two social sites. That is just silly.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I've seen a bigger bump in users on G+ after FB put out their latest abortion abomination of an update.... The fact that your likes and comments can get rebroadcast by any of your friends on their stream is especially annoying, as is their "opt-out" take on privacy as opposed to an "opt-in" view.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've seen a bigger bump in users on G+ after FB put out their latest abortion abomination of an update.... The fact that your likes and comments can get rebroadcast by any of your friends on their stream is especially annoying, as is their "opt-out" take on privacy as opposed to an "opt-in" view.
i've seen this as well. i'm in the process of shifting to g+ full time. hope to accomplish this by year's end

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
i've seen this as well. i'm in the process of shifting to g+ full time. hope to accomplish this by year's end
I put this up over the weekend:

dante said:
Dante changed his relationship with Facebook to "It's Complicated"

Sorry Facebook, but you and I have not been the same recently. Your massive privacy breach, the fact that my comments/likes/status updates are posting on other people's live streams, and the fact that you're trying to publish just about every aspect of my life is enough for us to take a break. I'll still check back time and again to see what other people are up to, but I'm not going to post for a bit. Instead of "Likes" and "Comments" I'll just shoot private messages over instead. If anyone wants to follow me, you can do it on G+ (link below). It's been fun, but it's time for both of us to move on...
I had definitely been posting more and more on G+ than FB (the G+ Android app blows the "Sense" thing or even the official FB app out of the water), but seeing old political comments I'd made over the winter show up on someone's streams this week made me realize that EVERYTHING is out there. So from now on it's G+ for comments and posts, and FB PMs for contacting people directly. Even on G+ I'm careful to note whether a post is Limited or Public. Not perfect, but I'm pretty much sick and tired of the FB privacy bullsh!t.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
I use both, and usually end up on G+ more due to the better conversations and layout. Quite a few friends have switched over to *just* G+, and the ones on FB just usually post mindless blather. I've started using G+ more than FB, but if I need to get information out I have to post it on both...