Quantcast

Wanted: Amazing dual slalom features. Bring that dream line to life.

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
I've been given the opportunity to design a ds course from scratch and I want your help.

Ever wanted to see a feature you'd thought of in a ds/4x course, but never have? Dream up something potentially awesome? Is there something amazing at one of your local jump spots, bmx tracks, or other courses? Sketch a sick step-up-berm-step-down-double-to.... in class?

I know everyone here has come up some crazy creation that, if built, you think would be the most amazing feature to ride. Here's your chance. Post it up and I may build it, bringing your creation to life.

Features with multiple jump options (or lines, if you will) are a bonus. We want this course to allow riders to change things up a bit each run.

Super simple side profile sketches in paint or whatever would be cool. It's brainstorm time.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Teeter totters and skinnys dude.......it'll be so freeradtacular!!

You know what you're doing. I'm sure it will be sweet. Just stay public about what you come up with. I want to see it.

That said, there aren't nearly enough 40ft stepdowns in 4x or slalom these days :)
Throw some mountain biking in there. Rocks, roots, live deer.......a bear or two. Maybe an angry hiker with a german vacation stick.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
get some pics of the us Olympic bmx teams, practice course. take some ideas from that

4 story start, to a 36 foot gap. if i remember right

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Yeah, a little extra gnarlyness to the track would be cool. The courses that seem to just be a big ol bmx track get borning. Rocks and roots would be tight. So would some mini whoops sorta thing that you can skim if you're going fast enough.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
If every once in a while, a crazy man with a golf club ran across the course randomly swinging, that would make things interesting....

:)

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
If your terrain permits it, think of some of the coolest courses of late which have had more mountain bike like features.
'07 Vigo course
'06 worlds course was massive
Nothing against the sheer size of the beijing course, but multiple lines (possibly for differeing skill levels) with rocks and drops and doubles appropriate for the different skill levels would be awesome!
Scott

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
and a wallride!!!! the one on the world cup circuit (vigo?) this past season was sick. how close is the track to campus?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
make a 270 helix... step up into it and then rip around the berm 270 and ride through the gap. also a berm that goes up to a gap or drop

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
make a 270 helix... step up into it and then rip around the berm 270 and ride through the gap. also a berm that goes up to a gap or drop
Genius. Keep 'em coming. :clapping:

Stephen, it will be 1/2 mile north of campus, but still on school property. Seems winning a national championship opens all kinds of doors. The school is really stepping it up for us. You coming to Mines in the fall?

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Genius. Keep 'em coming. :clapping:

Stephen, it will be 1/2 mile north of campus, but still on school property. Seems winning a national championship opens all kinds of doors. The school is really stepping it up for us. You coming to Mines in the fall?
its pretty much between mines and boulder, whoever puts up more cash and/or bikes. tell your bike team director/coach/chairman and the admissions director to give me a scholarship!!! even if i go to boulder I'll be making use of the free bus pass to come ride your track as often as possible.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Here goes some quick sketches all of which have been built tried and true fun.
Except the drop to 360 berm, you'd have to hook the setup turns and exit turn up right for it to work but, always thought it would be fun.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
this is something I always wanted to do, except I'd like to see you ride through the gap and then jump it after the berm. You would carry so much speed and pull so many g's.

I'd love to see a huge V/ravine to a step up. We had a couple of these near where I used to live and you would gain 30mph in 3 seconds...not bad for a bike! then you fly up the other side and out. You could add a step up for nastiness.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
those euro turns look sic. and the 360 berms could be awesome
Yeah, you can triple the euro-stepdown on the inside.

360 berms could ride thru-then gap out as well. I think you would need the perfect slope to pull this one off...
But, You could have some rippin G'd out railer turns to set up the 360 turns then a set of rytthm jumps and some more good turns...
It be like watching a kid rippin' Fruity punch reps through a Chucky-cheese straw...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
YES never seen it dont but am tryin to make one now, also another idea would be to have some dirt jumps. tombstone lips and make the riders go huge and mayb some tricks for bragging rights :)

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
How bout a water jump option line that saves a little more time? or a fire pit!!!
Hahaha - reminds me of a race I did in NC back in 97' - "Single slalom"
One lane course that you raced by yourself, against the clock best run out of 4 counts.
Started off on a Tractor Trailer bed Hauled down to a couple berms did a teeter totter, bunny hop a couple logs, a double and a "ROAD KILL GAP"
No sh!tten yah, There were dead Opposums in the "pit" styled jump. Part of doing well in the race required a mid run hold of breath for about 15 seconds.
I won the expert race and got a Diamond Back Outlaw as 1st prize.... It a was a rootin tootin time!

S

seespotendo

what about a set of stairs? :lighten: to add a bit of an urban element????

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Daaaang!@ that looks so fun, out of a dream even....
dirt jumpers are cool huh, huh-huh...

Where is that and how do you become a frat brother fo does jumps.

Looks like maybe PA?

I am about to build a pump trac I think I want to put a circle turn in..