Quantcast

Wanted: M-6 thoughts

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
Thinking of trying an Intense M-6 this year. Never cared for the bike really, always just felt off. (VPP) Im 6-2 185. I've ridden the 05 Sunday WC, 06 Demo 8, and 07 Glory. My main concern is the BB height. Intense claims 13.75 I believe. Since Im not familiar with these bikes, and its said to be patterned off the M-3 chassis, is this measurement within its sag or with no rider weight on it? If not, aren't these bikes really too low? We got rocks on CO...

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
True, this bike wont be avail. for a few months. I'll have to get in on the pre-season order though. Kinda just wondering how many M-3 pilots only have 7 toes. And Im thinking white...or maybe that mocha w/ deemaxs for that poopie-peepee theme.

I got to sit on and play with the M6 at bootleg for interbike and it seemd pretty good, I was never crazy about my VPP bikes, but I would definitely be willing to throw a leg over one for a season. I know the BB is low and with the VPP it will sag into it even more, but you ran a sunday, not sure on BB height with those but know they are really low. With 165 cranks and a frame mounted bashring, i think youd be fine

Youll get used to it, just dont pedals

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Thinking of trying an Intense M-6 this year. Never cared for the bike really, always just felt off. (VPP) Im 6-2 185. I've ridden the 05 Sunday WC, 06 Demo 8, and 07 Glory. My main concern is the BB height. Intense claims 13.75 I believe. Since Im not familiar with these bikes, and its said to be patterned off the M-3 chassis, is this measurement within its sag or with no rider weight on it? If not, aren't these bikes really too low? We got rocks on CO...
and lord knows there aren't any of those on the world cup circuit. what people need to keep in mind, as they keep asking for what the race teams are using, is that for many an average rider these bikes might be too low and too slack. what allows some to ride these bikes so fast will hinder anyone without the necessary skills.

i love seeing bb heights in the 13.5 range and never have found it to be problematic, but i watch guys in amateur practice slamming their pedals and cranks into everything because they haven't yet learned you to ride that kind of bike; it's still over their head in terms of skill.

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
The Sunday is the lowest bike I've ridden, I can remember dragging the outside foot in some whistler berms thats about it. Flow will dictate pedaling without consequences on course. I also think frame design and riding style are an equation with an end result. Intense has made many great bikes, just hoping the latest will prove one of them. What other low-leverage bikes are there? Foes...And the Cane Creek double-barrel shock? Any thoughts from riders running them?

I know the logic behind the low leverage ratio, but personally I havent seen that it is worth the extra weight provided by reducing it. If high leverage ratios were really the BIG thing that some companies have made them out to be, i think everyone would be doing it. Higher leverage ratios like most bikes do not have shock problems as a result of those leverage ratios

my $.02

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
I think most companies do high leverage ratios because they use readily-available shock lengths, not because they are better.

I know the logic behind the low leverage ratio, but personally I havent seen that it is worth the extra weight provided by reducing it. If high leverage ratios were really the BIG thing that some companies have made them out to be, i think everyone would be doing it. Higher leverage ratios like most bikes do not have shock problems as a result of those leverage ratios

my $.02

Rover Nick

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
and lord knows there aren't any of those on the world cup circuit. what people need to keep in mind, as they keep asking for what the race teams are using, is that for many an average rider these bikes might be too low and too slack. what allows some to ride these bikes so fast will hinder anyone without the necessary skills.

i love seeing bb heights in the 13.5 range and never have found it to be problematic, but i watch guys in amateur practice slamming their pedals and cranks into everything because they haven't yet learned you to ride that kind of bike; it's still over their head in terms of skill.
Exactly. Its like open track days at some local race car tracks. There's always somebody who brings out their 500 HP Corvette and sure enough, it's too much car for them to handle and they end up stuffing it into a wall.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001

my $.02
Ahem** RM-6,7,8

Looks like a sick bike there T-cell, I think you should just take your CRF and be done with it