Quantcast

Wanted: Specialized Grom Hit

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
OK, a Stinky 24 stock has popped up now local right down the road as well. It's got some Tektro hydros on it versus the Big Hit Grom and it's a 2011. Price may be almost double the Big Hit Grom though. Thoughts?
I compared the geo pretty closely when I was looking, there didn't seem to be much difference. a little here, a little there, but nothing major.

, had seen a stinky at seven springs they had as a rental bike (which is curious because they don't let anyone under 12 ride bikes there), anyway they wanted like $500 and it seemed to be in pretty good shape.

I haven't seen a gromhit fsr that cheap ever. Is there a reason for that? I don't know.

My thoughts however are that these are for young kids, both should suffice just fine. I can't see one suspension working much better than another for the kids...

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Good luck finding a rear spring for the Stinky that will work for a kids weight. They are out there but hard to find. The air shock on the Grom Hit is way easier for growing kids.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
My 9yo son rented a Stinky 24 at Trestle this summer.
I followed him all day and the bike worked great for him.
He just jumped on it and rode without any suspension adjustments.

His Shred 24 has the tektro hydro brakes.
Work fine, no issues on his bike.
Plenty of power when I've played around on his bike and good feel.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I have no experience with the specializeds, but want a fsr grom for my kid if I can find one.
The konas are heavy, but totally bombproof.

In the end, riding dh with your kid is a win any way you slice it.