Quantcast

Wanted to buy

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
wouldnt do it, the wheel wont have enough sideways pull on the spokes, it will be very weak. i would do 24" on that max. when the spokes arent angled enough, it makes it very easy to taco.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Demo 9, flange spacing and hub spacing aren't the same thing.. I am guessing the flange spacing on a singlespeed BMX hub is greater than the majority of nine speed disc hubs..plus, I wasn't debating merit just looking for a used one someone may have.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
wouldnt do it, the wheel wont have enough sideways pull on the spokes, it will be very weak. i would do 24" on that max. when the spokes arent angled enough, it makes it very easy to taco.
haha, just measured the flange spacing on my bikes - the 135 Chris King flange distance is actually less than the 110 G-Sport on my USB.

Both wheels have been strong as hell over the years.

Lee - whatcha got cooking? Moving to the WCH as a rider?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
flange spacing and hub spacing aren't the same thing...
Yup. A 135mm with space for a cassette has narrower flanges than a BMX single speed. I got the best of both worlds on my new wheels which are 135mm single speed, very wide flanges. That **** almost hits my brake caliper.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Dog Eater you should see the 135mm Surly ss hubs super wide.

Don-- yeah I have a WCH that I am toying with building up for grins and hollers.. Not quite ready to get to spendy with the build until I spend some time on it. Rear wheel is the only missing component that I don't have or can't "borrow" from other bikes.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Joe has a wheel. I should have bought that frame.

Oh I do have an odyssey hazard hub (10t thu 13t). I can build you a wheel if you want. I have a truing stand now.

Last edited:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Dog Eater you should see the 135mm Surly ss hubs super wide.

Don-- yeah I have a WCH that I am toying with building up for grins and hollers.. Not quite ready to get to spendy with the build until I spend some time on it. Rear wheel is the only missing component that I don't have or can't "borrow" from other bikes.

Cool - let me know how it rides and would dig seeing pics of one.