LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Jacques Chirac, The French Prime Minister, was sitting in his office
wondering what kind of mischief he could perpetrate against the
United States when his telephone rang.
"Hallo, Mr. Chirac!", a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy
down at the Harp Pub in County Sligo, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"
"Well, Paddy," Chirac replied, "This is indeed important news! How
big is your army?"
"Right now," said Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is
myself, me cousin Sean, me next door neighbor Seamus, and the entire dart team from the pub. That makes eight!"
Chirac paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have one hundred
thousand men in my army waiting to move on my command."
"Begorra!" said Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back!"
Sure enough, the next day, Paddy called again. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"
"And what equipment would that be, Paddy?" Chirac asked.
"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."
Chirac sighed, amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000
tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I've increased my army to one hundred fifty thousand since we last spoke."
"Saints preserve us!" said Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."
Sure enough, Paddy rang again the next day. "Mr. Chirac, the war is still on!" We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We've modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Pub have joined us as well!"
Chirac was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must
tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air
missile sites. And since we last spoke, I've increased my army to two hundred thousand!"
"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!", said Paddy, "I'll have to ring you
back."
Sure enough, Paddy called again the next day. "Top o' the mornin',
Mr. Chirac! I am sorry to tell you that we have had to call off the
war."
"I'm sorry to hear that," said Chirac. "Why the sudden change of
heart?"
"Well," said Paddy, "we've all had a long chat over a bunch of
pints, and decided there's no foo-kin way we can feed two hundred thousand prisoners.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Ahhhh the french... they are there when they need us. I heard the germans STILL have a sale on WWII infantry rifles... only dropped once. I think they forgot that if it wasn't for the U.S. and England the french people would speak german now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
dhtahoe said:
Ahhhh the french... they are there when they need us. I heard the germans STILL have a sale on WWII infantry rifles... only dropped once. I think they forgot that if it wasn't for the U.S. and England the french people would speak german now.
as much fun as it is to bash on the french, remember two things:

1) vichy was not representative of all the french. de gaulle was a member of the resistance...
2) the french are a nuclear power. they are thought to be the nation that gave israel nukes as well. :dead:

SiNNiK

Chimp
Dec 24, 2003
The Pope and the Queen of England are on the same stage at an Anglican and Catholic commemoration of the Anglo-Irish accords - the crowd is huge - thousands. Her Majesty and His Holiness can't help but have a little rivalry - both being heads of churches and all.

The Queen says to the Pope, "Did you know that with just one little wave of my hand I can make every English person in the crowd go wild?" He doubts it, so she shows him. Sure enough, the royal-gloved wave elicits rapture and cheering from every Englishman in the crowd.

Gradually, the cheering subsides. The Pope, not wanting to be outdone by someone wearing a worse frock and hat than he, considers what he could do. So the Pope says to the Queen,"Your Majesty, that was impressive. But did you know that with one little wave of MY hand I can make every Irish person in the crowd go crazy with joy? Their joy will not be a momentary display like that of your subjects, but will go deep into their hearts, and they will speak forever of this day and rejoice - they will recount it to their grandchildren and they to their descendants.

The Queen seriously doubts this, and says so. "One little wave of your hand and all Irish people will rejoice forever? Show me." So the Pope slapped her.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
thats a good way to make 3rd period go by faster. the teach is giving a totally pointless lecture. i had to controll myself so i wouldnt laugh uncontrollably. good joke man. GOD SAVE THE BEER