Quantcast

War of the Worlds, Chocolate Factory Trailers

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
From slashdot.org new remakes coming soon:
The trailer for Tim Burton's version of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' is online at Yahoo. The movie stars Johnny Depp and scheduled for release in July of '05. I think Tim Burton is the perfect director for a new Willie Wonka movie.

Our first peek at Steven Spielberg's contemporary version of War of the Worlds is available from Apple. Spielberg's installment is just one of many that have been developed throughout the years including a film produced last year in England.
Hmm, not so sure about Depp as Wonka

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
syadasti said:
From slashdot.org new remakes coming soon:

Hmm, not so sure about Depp as Wonka
At least it's not Marylin Manson playing Wonka.

This movie is going to SUCK in comparison to the original.

Rating based on the trailer?
:stosh:

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Those are blocked here at the office. That's why i didn't look at them. I was reffering to the movie website it's just a title with a pop-up

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
dh girlie said:
Oh no...I cannot believe anyone is going to try to touch Willie Wonka...I cannot stand Tim Burton movies...
Considering that the original, while great, was a remake of a book... I dont think it's off limits. Tim Burton is an artisitic genious.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Haha everyone is cryin blasphemy on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but not the War of the Worlds......

Reasons why i think both will be good.
Both have a great director/actor combo
Both are going to be made for more of an adult audience than the originals

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Johnny Depp looks more like he's dressed for a remake of A Clockwork Orange than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Burton should have just made a move of the Great Glass Elevator instead of re-doing the Chocolate Factory.