Quantcast

^^^ War what is it good for GTM ^^^

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Too late now.
True, but time will tell if it was the right move and unlike Hitler Putin can actually be appeased, or if all we did was delay the inevitable.

As always, whenever war breaks out in Europe, it’s a bad time to be either Ukrainian or Polish. It never ends well for either of them. Even if Putin stops at the Polish border, the poor Poles are going to be dealing with another massive refugee crisis, if he doesn’t stop at the border it’s going to be much, much worse.

Some of the right wing hot takes on this whole situation are downright baffling, the mental gymnastics involved deserve a goddamn medal in some cases.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
True, but time will tell if it was the right move and unlike Hitler Putin can actually be appeased, or if all we did was delay the inevitable.

As always, whenever war breaks out in Europe, it’s a bad time to be either Ukrainian or Polish. It never ends well for either of them. Even if Putin stops at the Polish border, the poor Poles are going to be dealing with another massive refugee crisis, if he doesn’t stop at the border it’s going to be much, much worse.

Some of the right wing hot takes on this whole situation are downright baffling, the mental gymnastics involved deserve a goddamn medal in some cases.
At least there's a song for it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Poland is also a full NATO member so the US and the rest of the West would be obligated to go hot.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

You forgot to mention the Baltics and a few other small nations in the region. Whenever russians play buddies with the germans, everything east of France gets fucked.
Poland is also a full NATO member so the US and the rest of the West would be obligated to go hot.
Putin is not that stupid, but I doubt the Poles will be happy about russian tanks along another stretch of their borders.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Up early and knocked out a bit of work before skiing for a couple pf hours. Home in time for lunch, dog walk, and shoveling the drive. Now just wrapping up the work day and looking forward to leftovers for dinner. Leaving for SLC ski trip mañana. In unrelated news, started wearing readers for the first time today. I was hoping to make it to 50 without them, but with 14 months to go it’s just been too much of a PITA to read so here we are. And now I'm shopping for bifocal safety glasses to wear in the shop.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
They say that *most* dudes need them by 46, but usually spend a few years in denial, honing various coping mechanisms to delay the inevitable. Like ‘I just need more light’, increasing your font sizes, and just guessing what time it actually is.
At least that was my experience.

I found out for sure when my tig welding instructor said “I know why you suck at welding, dude, you CAN’T SEE!!”
He put me in some 2.0 welding glasses, and fucking BAM, I became a decent welder (or a better one) in minutes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
They say that *most* dudes need them by 46, but usually spend a few years in denial, honing various coping mechanisms to delay the inevitable. Like ‘I just need more light’, increasing your font sizes, and just guessing what time it actually is.
I feel attacked.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In unrelated news, started wearing readers for the first time today. I was hoping to make it to 50 without them, but with 14 months to go it’s just been too much of a PITA to read so here we are. And now I'm shopping for bifocal safety glasses to wear in the shop.
Cheaper than getting longer arms.

Careful about getting too strong of a pair at first. If you start getting headaches or can only wear them for an hour or so, then switch to a weaker pair.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hahaha. oldmanmonkeydotcom. went to the optometrist a few years ago. he started to recommend lasik and then looked at my chart. "nevermind, you'll need readers soon." tried all teh @rideit strategies. a few months ago bought the readers. DAMMIT.

in other news work stuff torpedoed fuckit friday. will still squeeze a ride in after lunch, but local.

headed to memphis for work stuff for the weekend. eyeing up next wednesday instead. le sigh.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In recent weeks frustration with work has boiled over to a point where I don't think I can do this shit anymore and have convinced myself I need to find a new job.

Then the annual raises bonuses show up.

:rant:

Yeah, I am a sell out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In recent weeks frustration with work has boiled over to a point where I don't think I can do this shit anymore and have convinced myself I need to find a new job.

Then the annual raises bonuses show up.

:rant:

Yeah, I am a sell out.
No better way of sticking it to the man than taking his money. Defund them from the inside.