Quantcast

^^^ War what is it good for GTM ^^^

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
They also reinstated casual overtime so I can make my own additional 3% raise by working an extra 15 minutes day.
I sometimes have to remind myself what I'm making as if I was paid like an hourly employee to help keep me from quitting the 2% of the time I'm overworked and sick of a lot of bullshit.

Makes it a lot easier to stay put.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I sometimes have to remind myself what I'm making as if I was paid like an hourly employee to help keep me from quitting the 2% of the time I'm overworked and sick of a lot of bullshit.

Makes it a lot easier to stay put.

I was worked like a rented mule for half my life, also spent a bunch of time on the road. Never again.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
When I was young, I sort of thought business travel might be glamorous. New places! See the world!
I am really glad that I ended up on the entrepreneurial route, being based in one place. Instead I actually travelled the world with free time, and not just some crappy hotel in Des Moines or even Frankfurt, that I would have to leave at six AM to go to some other crappy hotel.
oh, and not to mention the horror of airports…

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I travelled a bunch across the USA for my first couple of years living here, generally used to travel with a MTB and tack on a weekend of riding when I could. Haven't had to travel for work (so exclusively WFH) since Oct 2020.

I've got to get on a plane for work in a few weeks time :(

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They also reinstated casual overtime so I can make my own additional 3% raise by working an extra 15 minutes day.
I've been doing that for several years. Apparently it's the only way we're getting raises around here.
My casual overtime is 8+ hours a week, it has finally broke me.
FTS. Nobody ever died wishing they had spent more time at work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i need to find a different adapter....this fotodiox is stiff as a motherfucker to get the lens on...

20220224_221443.jpg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I travelled a bunch across the USA for my first couple of years living here, generally used to travel with a MTB and tack on a weekend of riding when I could. Haven't had to travel for work (so exclusively WFH) since Oct 2020.

And, good sir, you are a bastard for going. :busted:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There was a fighter jet incident with China over Taiwan today.
Not sure about the "over" part, they said it was in their air-defense-intercept-zone. I think according to international law and treaty, the only "airspace" that a nation owns is within few miles of the coast. That's how it's depicted on any of our aeronautical charts. Beyond that they can call it anything they want, but it's perfectly legal for another country to come up and fly in that airspace, as Russia often does. We have the same thing, an ADIZ zone, but everything beyond a few miles is considered to be international for the purposes of airspace, so that's why we aren't shooting down planes all the time and the same with Russia or China when we decide to go "check them out". We say that you will be intercepted in that airspace, but it's not airspace we "control". I suspect China is pretty careful in this regard, doing the same **** that Russia does to us, but probably not breeching that 3NM limit over Taiwan, which might actually activate missile batteries, intercepts, etc.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I have had the opportunity to travel to numerous industrial midwest and rust belt towns as the were shedding their last gasps of prosperity. On my last project I got to spend a several months in lovely Pontiac Michigan and Windsor Ontario. If I think really hard the only nice things I can say about those towns is that people are better drivers than they are here and Princess Auto is pretty awesome. Everything else needs to be cleansed with fire.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
When I was young, I sort of thought business travel might be glamorous. New places! See the world!
I am really glad that I ended up on the entrepreneurial route, being based in one place. Instead I actually travelled the world with free time, and not just some crappy hotel in Des Moines or even Frankfurt, that I would have to leave at six AM to go to some other crappy hotel.
oh, and not to mention the horror of airports…
And even if you have some free time in a cool spot it's just not the same as vacation time.