Quantcast

Warm Fuzzy Friday GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOO FRIDERP.

Just got pulled over by the police on a toll road, because the dude couldn't see my transponder and thought my bike rack was blocking the license plate. Guy looked at my license and then when I pointed to the transponder sitting in the pocket on the passenger side door (shit keeps falling off the windshield) he said "welp alrighty then you're good to go". Funny thing is, he took a good gander at the backside of my car and somehow missed that the stickers on my plates are expired. Woot, dodged one there. :panic:

Was going to ride tonight, but I think I'll do some bike maintenance and beer drinking instead. My hands need a rest anyways, they are still all stiff and bruised from the crash in Bromont.

Speaking of bikes. This can't be good, can it? :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have been dealing with some rather painful GI track issues lately. Turns out the bag of almonds I have been snacking on are raw and not my typical roasted, known ro cause some people issues.

I blame BAH

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Took a claritin and ran 13 miles yesterday, because I'm a moron. Today I feel like something the dog barfed up. Got into a huge fight with the wife over household finances. Many household chores left undone and I need to pick the kid up from school at 13:30. FTS, I'm going back to bed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
WOOO FRIDERP.

Just got pulled over by the police on a toll road, because the dude couldn't see my transponder and thought my bike rack was blocking the license plate. Guy looked at my license and then when I pointed to the transponder sitting in the pocket on the passenger side door (shit keeps falling off the windshield) he said "welp alrighty then you're good to go". Funny thing is, he took a good gander at the backside of my car and somehow missed that the stickers on my plates are expired. Woot, dodged one there. :panic:

Was going to ride tonight, but I think I'll do some bike maintenance and beer drinking instead. My hands need a rest anyways, they are still all stiff and bruised from the crash in Bromont.

thanks for the reminder. I have three weeks to renew my stickers.

re pictures... what does Transition say? My guess is that will only lead to creaking noises, but I'm not really sure how that sleeve is secured/bonded.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I hit some loose rock on a plank bridge, flipped and landed on the crown of my head, rolled onto my left shoulder and landed on my back about 10 feet down the hill. It knocked the wind out of me and took me 2 or 3 minutes to get it back. I finished the ride with just muscle pain but decided to go to the hospital when I woke up with an intense headache and waves of nausea.
Yikes! Glad it wasn’t worse! Rest now, ride later!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
thanks for the reminder. I have three weeks to renew my stickers.

re pictures... what does Transition say? My guess is that will only lead to creaking noises, but I'm not really sure how that sleeve is secured/bonded.
News to me too, I didn't know the e-tests are free...Had to get one of those too this year.

I just emailed Transition a minute ago about it, we'll see... Something on the frame has been creaking or making a snapping sound but I can't find what it is. Maybe is that? I can feel it slightly in my feet when it happens too; usually when putting down heavy pedal strokes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday and I will likely bug out early. Cool morning is a nice change and the smoke has lifted so bonus. Hitting the Persian Sofreh cart for some lamb and rice for dinner, this day can suck it otherwise.

I need a donut.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Big wigs here today. Headache so bad, Ive already puked up coffee twice. :/
Don't step to me, suits, Don't.

8 mile run slated for tonight. Haven't had a drink all week. Hoping that makes me feel super human for all 8 of these bastard miles.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ return of the wok? :fie:

Sorry to hear about all the crashes and broken bikes. I took apart and re-greased pretty much the whole bike now and it still clicks under pedaling. I am running out of patience.

That said, I still have about 4 hrs of intense work ahead, including two market research interviews that are always kinda stressful as I have to record those for the boss to listen to later - and give me shit. FTS, I am going to ride soon.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
WOOO FRIDERP.

looks like you did nawt apply sunscreen to your bike

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
^ return of the wok? :fie:

Sorry to hear about all the crashes and broken bikes. I took apart and re-greased pretty much the whole bike now and it still clicks under pedaling. I am running out of patience.

That said, I still have about 4 hrs of intense work ahead, including two market research interviews that are always kinda stressful as I have to record those for the boss to listen to later - and give me shit. FTS, I am going to ride soon.
when mine was doing that i took off the cassette, totally broke it down and cleaned it and reinstalled. seemed to do the trick.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took the day off today. Yeah! Because I had a full blown seizure last night. Boo.

I unwittingly forgot my drugs Wednesday night and it's my spike amount, so it's assumed I fell below my base levels. Add more stress at work and wala - grand mal. Appropriate email off to HR about FMLA/ADA because I'm out of time off, of which a quarter or so was burned on seizure related issues.

Either way, getting errands and chores done on my day off. Helps reduce my stress levels to not have a ton of pending issues.

Got into a huge fight with the wife over household finances.
You got my number if you want long-term assistance.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Took a claritin and ran 13 miles yesterday, because I'm a moron. Today I feel like something the dog barfed up. Got into a huge fight with the wife over household finances. Many household chores left undone and I need to pick the kid up from school at 13:30. FTS, I'm going back to bed.
Did she find out about your buttcoin futures?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning y'all. Coffee in, breakfast in..... Time to do a little laundry, then get ready for work...... Only my three day weekend so it will go fast, and I have a trainee for the next two weeks..., .good times

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
is there any smoke in utah?

might change it up....monument valley/arches....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
10000ish feet of descending so far this morning at Angel Fire.

Hands feel effed already.

Wife and I did a run down the 2005 World Cup DH course. I think all the dirt washed away in the last decade. One of the roughest tracks I've ever ridden. @Nick did you ride it earlier this year?