Quantcast

WARNING - bike related thread

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Anyone ever run/have an opinion on Atom Labs General Issue rear hubs?? The price is nice for a sealed unit but I want some rider input....

Thanks monkehs :monkey:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Atom Labs was a big clusterf**k for a while. Their Trailpimp rims sucked (too heavy, too soft, sidewalls too high, they folded when you looked at 'em funny), their pedal bearings failed left and right, and nobody could get their CS department to even return a phone call.

There have been good reports of their GI lineup, but I don't think I'd buy from them until I hear some solid things about their CS actually getting on the ball and not ignoring everyone who calls.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Thanks for the input.....I'm trying to build a rear wheel without dropping $250 on a hub and it looked like the cheap man's way out. But like you say and as I have searched the web, there isn't a lot of talk about them.

Maybe I'll be the guinea pig :oink:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
zod said:
Thanks for the input.....I'm trying to build a rear wheel without dropping $250 on a hub and it looked like the cheap man's way out.
XT Disc @ $50-60. Cheap, rugged hubs, and easily rebuildable. They're boat anchors, of course, but I'd expect the GI hub is pretty heavy, too.

Outside of that, Hope Bulb hubs are under $200 are very high quality for the price.