Quantcast

Warning: Don't ride with Profo and Jeremy R

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by CBJ, Sep 26, 2005.

1. CBJ

CBJ Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    90 / 1,128
    Everytime they show up at Diablo and I ride with them I take a good fall. First time it cost me a helmet and this weekend a pair of cranks. I can only say they are dangerous and I must warn my fellow riders to stay away from them.

On a side note I asked them why didn't bring Butch but they said he was busy posting online and had no time to ride :D

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Jeremy R

Jeremy R <b>x</b>

Rep/Likes:
    42 / 358
    :devil: :devil: :devil:

What up Lawndart? Ha.
    Nice seeing you again. I heard you were testing another helmet to ground missile. :D

I feel your pain on the cranks man. I spent all weekend trying to keep my bike together, then my rear wheel blew. Big ups to Profro for letting me rip his DH9 in my race run! He was sidelined with a jacked wrist. :(
    Interesting weekend, but still a ton of fun.
    I wish we could have gotten in more runs together.

3. bizutch

bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 8
    1: Spent $850.00 to fix my transmission to take the trip and it broke me!
    2: My wife's ultrasound to find out the sex of our child was Friday and I wanted to know.
    3: The contractor on the house we are building needed to meet with me Friday afternoon ASAP.

I even tried to catch a direct flight from Asheville to Newark friday afternoon but the airport is wanted $480.00 for a seat? Friggin' airlines won't sell you an empty seat...rather make NO money than get $200.00 for an empty seat? No wonder they always go bankrupt!

4. profro

profro Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 248
    Great times.

I did the drop-in section of the course with CBJ in tow and I got to the road and waited. The another rider said that you had fallen in there and then a couple of seconds later here you came with another mashed visor. I just about dropped my bike and started to roll. That same vision was the last one I remember of CBJ at the Open back in May.

Anyway the course was SICK and I was totally bummed I couldn't race. I was feeling plenty fast for a great finish. But my hand wouldn't let me. I waiting to go to the doc later this afternoon. I'm just glad my bike got to race. HUGE congrats to Jeremy for placing 16th in the pro/open class on only his second run on that bike EVER! Going from a DHR to a DH9 right before your race run can't be an easy transition.

5. CBJ

CBJ Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    90 / 1,128
    If there will be a thrid visor mashing we have to take a picture like your avatar. It was the rock with the pink spray paint that got me off balance and besides cursing at my crank I was like damn they must think I crash all time.

Jemery looks fast when I saw him come down on you bike through the big berm before the enterence to the berm section. Finally you got him on a good bike.

6. AlmostHeaven

AlmostHeaven Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    excuses, excuses. :nopity:

haha just kidding, i wish i could have gone myself! :blah:

7. S.K.C.

S.K.C. Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 10
    Profro, what's up?

Sorry but I couldn't make it to Diablo to race this weekend - had too much going on with classes here at PSU... oh well - I'll be hitting up Reading for the 3rd annual Duryea Downhill this coming weekend...

Crazy to hear about all the carnage... there is a drop at the beginning of the course??? Doesn't the Domination course run on the far side of the mountain like it did for the first race? (DNR at that one too cause my Boxxer blew up)... Where was the course on the mountain? I know Diablo pretty well... sorry to hear about what happened to CBJ... breaking cranks always sucks...

8. CBJ

CBJ Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    90 / 1,128
    SKC this race course started where the US Open starts and then used the first part of the US Open course from two years ago where. It then truns towards Stalker and Stigmanta aka big rock face shoots you down towards the end of Stalker - higest speed section at Diablo ever. See you at Reading next weekend.

9. Jeremy R

Jeremy R <b>x</b>

Rep/Likes:
    42 / 358
    There was a boatload of carnage at that race this weekend. Way too many sirens and backboards.
    I ignored it all, there was no way I was gonna stand at the bottom of the thing watch all those riders get mangled up. I never even stopped there, I just kept riding through with tunnelvision.
    I was afraid of Monkey See, Monkey Doo. :D

That may have been my favorite course ever.
    I :love: Diablo (even though the 12 hour drive blows.)

10. Cant Climb

Cant Climb Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 10
    Imagine if it would have rained even a little bit.......

11. Jeremy R

Jeremy R <b>x</b>

Rep/Likes:
    42 / 358
    It would have been closed for sure.
    People bitched so much about yard sale, this section had a super steep rockface into a 100ft long wooden bridge.
    I absolutely loved it, but it would have been taken out with just a little rain for sure.
    Were you there?

12. Cant Climb

Cant Climb Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 10
    No, i wasnt there.......messed my ankle up about 2 weeks ago.......

Been reading about that feature though, looks deadly if it was wet.....saw the race video that was just posted.

Looks like the race was mostly on the US Open course.......guys getting that "home fella" advantage.....

13. CBJ

CBJ Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    90 / 1,128
  14. Cant Climb

Cant Climb Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 10
    I'd love to see a brand new course from the very top to the very bottom........the "new" top section this year was used in a race there in 2000....and the rest alot of that top section is one of the original trails on the mountain from 2000.....

Time for a new course.

15. renegade999

renegade999 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    cool music in that video.

16. ragdoll

ragdoll Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    CBJ, how's it going? I didn't ride w/ Profro, but I did manage to keep breaking parts off my bike! I managed a respectable 3:20 in my race run without a drivetrain(ripped the hanger and everything off 2x on Sat)and I crashed once.
    I think dropping all that excess weight might have helped some...thanks for the replacement derailleur though!

Mike

17. CBJ

CBJ Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    90 / 1,128
    Check out the video there is a lot of you in there and me cheering you on - for sure a good time with you setup.

18. konahucker43

konahucker43 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    man i thought for sure, a 10 minute video of the race i would be in it, but no, they showed the guy before and after me , just not me, dammit

19. DS Dom

DS Dom Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    ..Wrong... The new top section was brand spankin new with a little bit of deceit thrown in to connect.

Wrong again..

That's funny considering the amount of WORLD CUP riders who consistantly compliment our course as being one of; if not the MOST fun.

Oh well.. I guess time for a new course right?

20. ragdoll

ragdoll Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    CBJ, I'll check out the video tonight. Who made it?

I'll see you @ the next Platty and we'll ride!

21. Red Bull

Red Bull Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    It had my ghetto crash at like 7:40 ish... My nuts still hurt :dead: .

22. renegade999

renegade999 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    someone's going to burn their wings.

23. Cant Climb

Cant Climb Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 10
    Dom.....i am not wrong. You were in Junior High when thoose trails were being used.

But a new course would be great........now stop posting and get shoveling. :thumb:

24. profro

profro Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 248
    Dom,

Congrats on the best race I've been to this year other than the Open. Oh yeah I raced at Bootleg, Massanutten, US Open, Snowmass, Telluride, Sugar, Snowshoe (twice), etc. Anyway The terrain and rocks are top notch and challenging. Unfortunately I slammed my hand and was unable to race on Sunday. I was in the Yeti kit and teal Yeti on Saturday. JeremyR raced my bike at the last minute on Sunday, but in one day of riding at Diablo I got in more riding than at any national I did this year. Keep things the same next year. I did get to ride the 1st, the Open, 2nd and 3rd Domination races courses and I was stoked on each one. I would hate to have to pick my favorite, but the new section this last weekend was SICK!

Update: My hand is a deep tendon bruse to the palm. So nothing is broken and I'll be riding ASAP.

25. motomike

motomike Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    fixed it for you.

26. mack

mack Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0

Same here. I spent 2 hours tensioning and truing wheels in the parking lot of a motel 6. Then when i crashed on my race run i got a big gash in my DHR. :eviltongu

I think the general advice would be to stay away from Diablo! Although, those high speed lifts are pretty convienent.

27. Jeremy R

Jeremy R <b>x</b>

Rep/Likes:
    42 / 358
    The weird thing about my weekend is that I did not crash the whole time. The two things I needed to do to my bike before I left came back and bit me. I needed to replace my cable, and it ended up snapping on Dominion, and then I messed up my shifter replacing it.
    Then I also should have replaced my rear rim before I left, so I broke and replaced spokes all weekend until my wheel died a horrible death and took my rear der. along with it, right before my race run. :mumble:
    That place is rough on the ole sleds though. ;)

28. mack

mack Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0

Yeah, i didnt crash all weekend either. Then some how i was tired and made a stupid error wich cost me big.

And for all you people wondering, THAT YELLOW BEETLE IS NOT MY CAR! :blah: My mom lost the keys to my truck, so we had to take hers.

29. FCLinder

FCLinder Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    It can't be that bad!!!! Best thing is don't stare at Jeremy's back tire when you are fallowing him. Trust me, you are not the first to ever say that. But, I will say onething. He is the funniest guy to ride with. I can't wait to get the new bikes soon, so I can get back on the trial.

30. bizutch

bizutch Delicate CUSTOM flower

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 8
    plane tickets from Charlotte to Newark on United are $200.00...and you can fly your bike for free....there's one more race. :devil: