Quantcast

Warranty question

J

JRB

So I got my Reign, as you may know, and the book shows a 5 year warranty on Giant frames. The website says this below. Which would you think it correct???

A. Giant Bicycle, Inc. ("Giant") warrants the frame and rigid fork of each new Giant brand bicycle and Giant brand frameset to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the bicycle. Paint finish and all other original components, and all Giant brand repair parts, replacement parts, and accessories, are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase. This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from, and assembled by, an Authorized Giant Dealer.

loco said:
So I got my Reign, as you may know, and the book shows a 5 year warranty on Giant frames. The website says this below. Which would you think it correct???

A. Giant Bicycle, Inc. ("Giant") warrants the frame and rigid fork of each new Giant brand bicycle and Giant brand frameset to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the bicycle. Paint finish and all other original components, and all Giant brand repair parts, replacement parts, and accessories, are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one year from the original date of purchase. This warranty applies only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from, and assembled by, an Authorized Giant Dealer, but not when ridden by lard-asses from Texas.
Read the fine print.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe the book is talking about your model frame only. As in, "all frames (unless otherwise noted) are covered..." for a blanket statement for the website.

I would doubt they would cover it for more than 5.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Obviously, Giant hasn't updated their website in awhile, at least not that part of it....cause I don't think they've sold a bike with a rigid fork for about 2 years (At least!!!).....I'd go with the book...but if you really want an answer, ask the shop or flash an email to giant's tech service.....

J

JRB

Secret Squirrel said:
Obviously, Giant hasn't updated their website in awhile, at least not that part of it....cause I don't think they've sold a bike with a rigid fork for about 2 years (At least!!!).....I'd go with the book...but if you really want an answer, ask the shop or flash an email to giant's tech service.....
All of their road bikes have rigid forks.

*I am not concerned about it, just curious. I think I agree with what jimmydean said, but was wondering what other interpretations were.

**plus - JBP got to be a wise ass, and old men love that, so I am sure I made his day.

J

JRB

maxyedor said:
The rigid fork is refering to road bikes. As far as your situation Do you think the frame will brake? If not who cares what the warrenty is?
I'm not worried. I am sure I won't have it in 5 years, but it was a filler for time.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Besides, he would have to take the bike out of the kitchen and ride it for something to happen to it, and we all know that aint going to happen...

J

JRB

jimmydean said:
Besides, he would have to take the bike out of the kitchen and ride it for something to happen to it, and we all know that aint going to happen...
I ride when I don't have to work, and it's not raining. :mumble:

Who am I kidding??? I don't ride.:(

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
loco said:
I ride when I don't have to work, and it's not raining. :mumble:

Who am I kidding??? I don't ride.:(
I know the feeling...

I have a DH bike that is waiting for a thaw and a road bike that is waiting for pedals.

J

JRB

DirtyMike said:
Not quite. Giant sells one or two that have that Ruby thing on it. Think they list it as a touring edition or something like that
Those wouldn't exactly be a road bike, but we all got the point. ;)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
loco said:
Those wouldn't exactly be a road bike, but we all got the point. ;)

Sure it is. It has 700 Wheels running a 28 mm tire. Has all road components on it. rolled drop bars and all. Ony things different is that the fame has the avaiablity to run disc brakes. And im not sure if the ruby has Mounts or not, but i belive it does. Hell its only like a 65 mm fork. Oh yeah and it has a goofy suspension seat post also!!

Lol, as far as your warranty question goes. As long as your the original owner, and the bike was assembled by an Authorized dealer. then the Info that was shipped with the bike is the Minimum they will do. Sometimes if a particular frame is no longer avaible or something goofy like that they might throw you an upgrade or stuff like that.

J

JRB

OK - now we'll just pick nits here. A cross bike runs 700c wheels. What's the max tire size you would say for a road bike???

I would call the Giants with 700c wheels and a suspension for more of a commuter.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Lol, Max width for road??? I think i can Put a 38 or a 40 on my 1200.
Ton of room on that frame. As far as commonly on a road bike, i think most popular is a 23. Most the Lower end Road bikes come with a 25.