Quantcast

was @ 9th ST Austin friday

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
did a little riding, there was a crew fixxing up most stuff from a hard strom for two days before so most of it was muddy and it was also
blowing gusts of 30. so, i didn't get much riding in.

lots of fun hips mostlly everything turns right. the spines small and large were fun.

http://bcdracing.com/pics/9th/oct/austin.html

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Great vid! That's one spot I would love to hit up in this lifetime. How burly is it in real life?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i have seen bigger. but they are tech.
they are close together and blind with some wicked hips and transfers. bmxers didn't like me there, they yelled freerider
at me but some of them were cool to me and let me ride.

i would like to spend some time there to get some lines dialed.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I was at Berger's trails in MA a few years ago and we got a few words from him when he came by to do some digging. I guess the local mtn bike riders didn't help shoveling but didn't mind riding especially w/ burly knobbies. And he figured our crew was the same type - although I was just in the area from NJ.

Last year when I went back, I saw Berger again and made a point to ask if he needed a hand digging when we were riding. He was a lot cooler w/ us after we had dug for an hour or so. You can tell when someone has done time digging trails. Turns out he knew some of our trails in NJ.

I wonder if it would help or not that they knew about your trails and scene.