Quantcast

Washed Up Metal Bands

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Damn True said:
Tell me the crowd at your Crue concert will be any different. LOL

BTW...what is Emo?
Ohhhhh no...I won't say that...read my first post in the Motley Crue is coming thread. It will be just as bad...my second reaction to finding out they were coming was sweet! Imagine the crowd there! I went to see Dokken and Whitesnake and the Scorpians and I have never in my life seen such a crowd...there were more than the Poison/Winger/Cinderella crowd. Pure comedy. There were tons of guys with the 'lead singer' look...black 501's that look brand new with the white and black and grey cowboy boots and a leather vest with no shirt under it...that's just soooo sassy!

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Emo-Short for "emotional" or some crappulence like that...it's pretty much punk meets country music, a way to whine about anything in a hardcore sense...
DH-sorry you had to see all those ugly old people. i'm going to vomit now.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
manziman said:
Emo-Short for "emotional" or some crappulence like that...it's pretty much punk meets country music, a way to whine about anything in a hardcore sense...
Well I'm old too...but it was really funny seeing those people...seriously...it's hysterical...I often wonder where these people actually work...where they buy these ridiculous clothes and what the hell they are thinking...it's like, do you live in a cave? Well, most of em probably live in their parents basement, but still...they HAVE to go outside sometime and see that people don't dress that way...in fact...it's not like a whole lotta people dressed like that to begin with...and if they did...then usually just at clubs and concerts...I don't get it...it's not like they are wearing the outfits just for fun like a costume to go to the show in and be funny...weird...LIVE IN THE NOW!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
manziman said:
How about the newest form of EMO? scrEaMO? The soft gentle guy singing love songs with another dude screaming in the back ground? Some of its cool, but gets real old.....

Metallica is still the king of washed up bands.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Emo

Genre of softcore punk music that integrates unenthusiastic melodramatic 17 year olds who dont smile, high pitched overwrought lyrics and inaudible guitar rifts with tight wool sweaters, tighter jeans, itchy scarfs (even in the summer), ripped chucks with favorite bands signature, black square rimmed glasses, and ebony greasy unwashed hair that is required to cover at least 3/5 ths of the face at an angle.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
oly said:
How about the newest form of EMO? scrEaMO? The soft gentle guy singing love songs with another dude screaming in the back ground? Some of its cool, but gets real old.....
Totally agree with this as well, I am personally into the screamo scene with bands like atreyu, but some do get reall annoying :angry:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
genpowell71 said:
Link to that for pair of washed up bands. I love the old Kiss, but the fairwell tour? Goodbye for once and allhttp://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/5937035/kiss?pageid=rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple3
this link didn't work...is Kiss touring again???? I'll go in a heart beat...my brother got me into them when I was a kid and would never take me with him to the shows...go figure, I was 12 he was 18. Anyway, when they came in full costume a few years ago I called him and I was like dude, we gotta go...and he was like I dunno...and I go come on man! You're the one that lead me to the Kiss Army (what they called their fanclub years ago) recruitting office! It's only befitting we go! HAHAHAH! We went...it was awesome!

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
dh girlie said:
Dude...back in like uhhhh....90 or 91 I high fived the LEAD SINGER at a show at the Shoreline...I'm not talkin just a brush of the finger tips...I'm talkin hand to hand contact!
WOAH! I hope you haven't washed your hand!! kick ass! wait, that would be gross.

dh girlie said:
this link didn't work...is Kiss touring again???? I'll go in a heart beat...my brother got me into them when I was a kid and would never take me with him to the shows...go figure, I was 12 he was 18. Anyway, when they came in full costume a few years ago I called him and I was like dude, we gotta go...and he was like I dunno...and I go come on man! You're the one that lead me to the Kiss Army (what they called their fanclub years ago) recruitting office! It's only befitting we go! HAHAHAH! We went...it was awesome!

Yeah, they're supposedly going out on a year tour. I saw Kiss when Hot in the Shade came out. Crap, pure unadulterated Crap. But when Peter and Ace came back to the band and they put the makeup on again, it was a kick arse concert. As for poison? Who ever really liked them besides the chicks?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Dude...back in like uhhhh....90 or 91 I high fived the LEAD SINGER at a show at the Shoreline...I'm not talkin just a brush of the finger tips...I'm talkin hand to hand contact!
And you've still yet washed that hand.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
I saw Kiss when they were playing in San Jo in 1996, they were touring in their full Kiss garb, great show:thumb:

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
should there be a distinction made between hair bands and metal?
i am not comfortable with poison being discussed on a metal thread.
and metallica takes top honors - not just washed up but washed up and sold out. that's why jason newstead left - got sick of lars being a whiny little girl.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bigginsis said:
and metallica takes top honors - not just washed up but washed up and sold out. that's why jason newstead left - got sick of lars being a whiny little girl.
Metallica sold out from their Black album and on.

bigginsis said:
Thats what alot of people think about the hair bands. BUT, Rolling Stone has Poison listed under "pop-metal". Hit Parader had them listed as metal also. I can go on, but whats the point? We all know poison was a girlie band and th only bigg hit they had was the fact they had bigger hair the motley crue (and thats saying something).

As far as metallica, your right on the money about Jason. The other reason was that he had about 3 side projects going and James and Lars wanted him to be exclusive to the band. Like you said, what a bunch of little bitches...