Quantcast

Washing POC Armor

dhscaresme

Chimp
Jul 6, 2009
Hey all,

I just got a POC Spine Tee. It's awesome and it fits the best (I've only used 661 pressure suit though) but it reeks after riding just a few days in it. And I mean reeks! Soap will be required for this wash.

Anybody ever machine wash the POC stuff before? Obviously you should take the VPD back protector out first but in the little instruction booklet it says: "Do not wash in water." My 661 stuff was fine with the washing machine on a gentle cycle and cold water -- or I would just hose it off sometimes.

I bet they're talking about the VPD material of it, but has anyone had any trouble with any POC pads in the washing machine? Super gentle cycle with cold water and detergent?

Thanks

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Considering the amount of water, sweat, mud, & or blood that can typically cover DH armor on any given day of DH'ing: "Do not wash in water." Is not a tag that I would want to see on it. How long could it possibly last under normal use? Maybe it's that biodegradeable plastic that's gonna save the planet?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I like washing my armor with a spray bottle of soapy water, and a hose, hang it up to dry. Seems to work great, Mix up a little detergent and water in the sprayer, spray it down, hose it off.

dhscaresme

Chimp
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah the pillow case worked awesome. It kept the arms from getting all twisted and wrapped up. It came with a pillow case sized bag actually, very nice one too. High thread count for sure, no wonder they're so expensive.

dhscaresme

Chimp
Jul 6, 2009
Yeah the pillow case worked awesome. It kept the arms from getting all twisted and wrapped up. It came with a pillow case sized bag actually, very nice one too. High thread count for sure, no wonder they're so expensive.

Last edited: