Quantcast

Washington Riders in Colorado Last Weekend

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Not everyone went to BC last weekend. A number of the WIMS racers went to Durango Colorado. I dont think there were any podium finishes but there were respectable showings from the racers who made the trek.
A quick look at the results showed Sara Johnson of Spokane finishing a couple of spots behind Marla Streb in womens downhill. The guys from Issaquah Luke Strobel and Richard Mukai were in the middle of the mens downhill.
Looking at the xc results the eastside WAR riders Gian Dalle and Steve Ettinger found some stiff competition in Colorado. Dalle finished eight in the JR XC. Jason Jablonski who pretty much dominated pro mens xc in the WIMS was in the middle of the pack. I guess they still have one more race in Mammoth, California coming up.

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
Looks like Leanna Gerrard got 4th in Pro Womens MX and is currently in 4th overall in the series. Mukai got 6th and was only a few seconds back from Sanjay in the Semi Pro..i'd say thats a great showing! Good job all! :thumb:

L

Lightninleana

Borregokid said:
Not everyone went to BC last weekend. A number of the WIMS racers went to Durango Colorado. I dont think there were any podium finishes but there were respectable showings from the racers who made the trek.
A quick look at the results showed Sara Johnson of Spokane finishing a couple of spots behind Marla Streb in womens downhill. The guys from Issaquah Luke Strobel and Richard Mukai were in the middle of the mens downhill.
Looking at the xc results the eastside WAR riders Gian Dalle and Steve Ettinger found some stiff competition in Colorado. Dalle finished eight in the JR XC. Jason Jablonski who pretty much dominated pro mens xc in the WIMS was in the middle of the pack. I guess they still have one more race in Mammoth, California coming up.

I've been living here for less than a week and people already forgot I'm from the northwest...
Psht.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Oversight, Congratulations on your podium finish. I think that was the best of the Washington riders. Best of luck to you and the rest of the Washington riders in Mammoth.
Hope you found some place warmer than here for school! :)