Quantcast

Washington State Hill Climb Championship

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Ok, after much searching I have found the perfect race for RM's who dont like to race. This race is only about 30 minutes long and it runs from Hwy 410 to Crystal Mountain Resort-not very far. They offer cash prizes including a cash prize for the heaviest bike. The Hill Climb Championship is Saturday, August 27. This would be the perfect time to take out that Enduro and scorch a couple of roadies and then spend the rest of the day mountain biking in the area. :)

Remember-Cash Prize for heaviest bike. :)

Heres the link:

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1247809

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
I quit racing because racing costs money. That and I grew tired of WIMs road courses.
It would be fun to take on some roadies:p

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
This is the only race where I have gone up against hard core roadies. I finished in the middle of the pack. Its a time trial so you dont see too many other riders. I think I passed two and got passed by two. The Indie Races over here had fees of $25-$30, much cheaper than the $42-$47 of WIMS. Except for the last two races all of them had 240-280 riders

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I assume you will be at Mt Baker-you cant miss that one. Last year their were a lot of riders and that was with the miserable weather. The Crystal Climb is different, maybe not as many riders but all pretty much hard core road types. I have a cycling license so I hope its only $20.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Last year I didnt see anyone ride anything heavier than a steel road bike at Crystal although I am not sure if they had a heavy bike category last year. Mount Baker was a different story, I saw a couple of guys line up with bikes that looked like they might be about 35 pounds. Earlier this year I saw a guy doing a Century with maybe a 40 pound 8 inch travel bike. Mount Baker is a real challenge since it takes about 2-3 hours to complete.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Borregokid said:
I assume you will be at Mt Baker-you cant miss that one. Last year their were a lot of riders and that was with the miserable weather. The Crystal Climb is different, maybe not as many riders but all pretty much hard core road types. I have a cycling license so I hope its only $20.
I'm unsure if I will actually compete in the mt baker hill climb. However, Glacier-Baker remains one of my favorite training rides... I'm riding up there tomorrow morning, in fact! Maybe I'll ride up the road early and take photos or something on race day.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Thats cool, Bryce watched the race last year and gave me a ride from the top back to Glacier. I am very glad he was there because it was gong to be the worst ride back in the rain and cold. They also just paved the road so that should make it a little faster this year, the top was really bumpy.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
if i race then doesn't that mean i'm trying to prove something? :cool: :p

Sorry i'm in the middle of a shuttling weekend, it's giving me an attitude. ;)

Would be funny to put some slicks on my Bullit, i think i got that sucker wieghing around 44 lbs. now.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Let me put the monster back on the turner throw on some mag 30's with dh tubes and i will win with my 60lb beast lollers.