Quantcast

Washington State The Eastern Half Pix

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've had a pretty stressful holidays,
with my grandmas house burning down, me being sick with a virus and getting bronchitis again.
Getting the hell outta town for New Years was nice.
i was able to visit my relocated grandma who's now living near our Indian Reservation,
plus going and being with family in Inchelium.

Anyways on the west side of Washington State we see snow maybe once or twice a year
and rarely does it stick to the ground for any amount of time.
So needless to say i lack snow driving skills,
but with the Suburu i own it makes it such a breeze.

Anyways i also decided to snap a few shots on the drive back home,
it's always a nice drive thru the Coulee
which was to have been formed by many great floods from a break of an enormous ice dam in Idaho.

Many people who live in Washington don't even know about the diversity of the state....

Bridge Creek Rd.

Steamboat rock and some more cliffs outside of Sun Lakes.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Nice montage Skook. I drove over to Schweitzer for New Year's so, I feel you dog.
It's a very diverse ~300+ miles.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Makes me want to move back out there. 2 years at Whidbey Is. wasn't enough. We did alot of touring on the western side of the Cascades. I wish we'd gone over to the east side while we had the chance.
It's beautiful out there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Peete said:
Makes me want to move back out there. 2 years at Whidbey Is. wasn't enough. We did alot of touring on the western side of the Cascades. I wish we'd gone over to the east side while we had the chance.
It's beautiful out there.
Did you mt. bike at Ft. Ebey while out here? i FINALLY made it over there, some pretty easy trails but fun nontheless.

Plus them Anacortes trails are pretty sweet....:)

E

enkidu

Skookum said:
Steamboat rock and some more cliffs outside of Sun Lakes.

Nice contrast of the metallic colors of rocks and water against the low cloud.

How did your grandmother's house catch fire? Is she alright? Must be difficult to have to relocate after being used to living in one place.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
chicodude said:
Bender should huck this.
It looks all nice and smooth but that there is probably bowling ball size (wheel sucking)Lava Rock :dead:

I ride and have raced my motorcycle in the desert of eastern WA and MTB out there alot while going to college in Ellensburg and that lava rock crap is painfull if you don't see it. :o:

It is just like a cheese grater(sp? to tire this morning) it will eat you up and leave your bleached bones as witness. :devil:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Skookum said:
i've had a pretty stressful holidays,
with my grandmas house burning down, me being sick with a virus and getting bronchitis again.
Getting the hell outta town for New Years was nice.
i was able to visit my relocated grandma who's now living near our Indian Reservation,
plus going and being with family in Inchelium.

Anyways on the west side of Washington State we see snow maybe once or twice a year
and rarely does it stick to the ground for any amount of time.
So needless to say i lack snow driving skills,
but with the Suburu i own it makes it such a breeze.

Anyways i also decided to snap a few shots on the drive back home,
it's always a nice drive thru the Coulee
which was to have been formed by many great floods from a break of an enormous ice dam in Idaho.

Many people who live in Washington don't even know about the diversity of the state....

Bridge Creek Rd.

Sorry to hear about your grandma though, but it is good that she is otherwise alright. Especially considering all the grandma/reindeer related hit and runs this time of year.

That is an amazing pic. I always thought a thick wall of impenatrable fog surrounded the Seattle area. Good to see that this is not the case.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
allsk8sno said:
haha i grew up playing at steamboat rock...don't miss it either...trees is much more fun than sagebrush/sand
Yah i was thinking how cool it would be to have an XC singletrack run thru the area, that was until i wound up hiking thru it, man that is some poop soil....

enkidu said:
How did your grandmother's house catch fire? Is she alright? Must be difficult to have to relocate after being used to living in one place.
Waterbed heater in a waterbed that wasn't being used. Mattress was empty. She's doing alright all things considered she's one hell of a tough lady, let's just say when i was a kid i'd see her cruising down the road and other kids were amazed when i'd tell em that was my grandmother in a 68 souped up White Camaro with baby blue stripes.

But yah she's real frail nowadays with a million health issues, but she's in good hands with my cousin in an awesome house real close to the Columbia River near Canada.

Insurance is gonna cover everything, things are gonna be alright.

RhinofromWA said:
It looks all nice and smooth but that there is probably bowling ball size (wheel sucking)Lava Rock :dead:
Yah those are bowling ball size boulders for sure, but it's not lava. The Coulee's were formed from massive floods that have been proven scientifically, but have been storied about by my people thru generations.

It's actually pretty interesting i saw a Nova on it. Huge ice dam which flooded Idaho, dam fails and rebuilds itself (cycle supposedly repeated a few times), but floods on an epic scale. The coulee's were formed from it, which is why there are so many huge boulders just laying around the area, they were brought in by the flood rush and stayed behind as the water receded.

Atomic Dog said:
I bet we passed on the highway as I left the sagebrush and headed for the wet trees of North Vancouver for New Years weekend...
That sounds like too much fun, i'm suprised you made it out alive.:p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
robdamanii said:
Damn man, you never fail to impress as one hell of a photographer. :thumb:
Thank you sir, but in all honesty i'm a hack with a good eye.;)

Unless i'm trying to convince a hot girl to do some nudes, then i'm a high grade professional.:D