Quantcast

"Wasn't it hot outside?"

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
It was 112º this weekend and several of my idiot coworkers just had to pop into my office right away this morning to see if I had ridden. None of them ride and can't understand riding a bike when it's hot out (or any other time). It's like back east when it snows for the first time of the year, everyone acts like it's the first time ever.

Some of my favorite quotes:
"Where did you ride" "Wow, that's crazy" "I guess it beats staying inside all weekend like I did" "Did you take a water backpack" "What if you got a flat tire?"

Rant over...

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
stinkyboy said:
Oh yea, we did a 3 hour erban roll on saturday and I drank 4 liters of water. :drool:
Macko joined us on the Sunday ride down Desert Classic- we got a late start (7:30) so subsequently we cut the ride a bit shorter than intended. For post ride had some rolls in a metal pan sitting on the tailgate. I had to put my gloves back on to pick it up when leaving...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Trainwreck said:
Macko joined us on the Sunday ride down Desert Classic- we got a late start (7:30) so subsequently we cut the ride a bit shorter than intended. For post ride had some rolls in a metal pan sitting on the tailgate. I had to put my gloves back on to pick it up when leaving...
I though about hitting SoMo for some singlespeed. Was it deserted?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
stinkyboy said:
I though about hitting SoMo for some singlespeed. Was it deserted?
It wasn't too bad during the ride, when we were hanging out in the lot afterwards, though, the crowd was much thinner (as expected). I was dumb enough to go on a post-ride hike and the majority of folks I saw were heading towards the parking lot.

I'm brainstorming ways to install a misting system on the back of my truck....

J

JRB

Man you are a drama queen. :think:

It was even hot while we rode in AR. I can only imagine AZ. The heat killed the first time we stopped in TX yesterday.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
More hungover and in a sour mood. I'm just glad everyone here loves and understands me.

Suck it up, princess. :)

*I hate hangovers. I am glad I have finally outsmarted them.

dezul43

Monkey
May 15, 2006
san diego
was up to 104 and the heat didnt stop me from racing cal state. did really suck though. cant wait for the winter series.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
stinkyboy said:
It was 112º this weekend and several of my idiot coworkers just had to pop into my office right away this morning to see if I had ridden. None of them ride and can't understand riding a bike when it's hot out (or any other time). It's like back east when it snows for the first time of the year, everyone acts like it's the first time ever.

Some of my favorite quotes:
"Where did you ride" "Wow, that's crazy" "I guess it beats staying inside all weekend like I did" "Did you take a water backpack" "What if you got a flat tire?"

Rant over...
wow. you and i see eye to eye on this one.
when i lived in houston, i rode to work as much as possible. heard the same comments.
i'd just point at their beergut and grin.