Quantcast

Wat should i practice bunny hops on

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
I just got a DK step up and i need to no wat to use to pratice bunny hops on with my bmx i heard that if u actually have something 2 jump over then u can jump higher, so can some 1 give me suggestions on wat to practice on cuz im a beginner so i can only hop like 6 inches lol

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
i mean the hop when the front tire comes up first then the back tire not the 1 when both come up at the same time

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea, empty cereal boxes are good. basically anything that will collapse if you don't get over it. all kinds of cardboard boxes really

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
ahh ok ty an after i can clear it should i move up to something bigger if so wat?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i used 2 soda bottle caps then put a broom handle on it so if your bike even touched it a little bit it woudl fall off. then i moved up to soda cans on there sidses then to a brick standing up tall ways and thats my highest point. i ride dh im not in fr stuff. But i used that same broom handle.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea man, just keep progressing, if you can clear the boxes, then start stacking them... and if you get confident move onto objects that don't collapse like short walls and the sort. basically you should be able to bunnyhop any object in your range

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
i just started biking a few weeks ago so i no 6 inches isnt that high but now i cant w8 till 2morrow to try out yur suggestions, i hope i get better tyvm pple

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
i g2g and thx alot ill be back on 2morrow and will be glad 2 take any more suggestions =) cya

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You mean, simply, the black one? :rofl:

I think j-hops are more important than bunnyhops much of the time, especially in BMX.
A j-hop is kind of like an ollie on a skateboard. You bring your front wheel up first, then lift up your back wheel.

First, put alot of force into your pedals and lean back, bending your arms and knees. Then, abruptly, pull your bike up with your arms and legs (kick back into your pedals more than down flat). Pull your front wheel up first, then pull up the back wheel. You should be off the ground. Then land flat, or on your back wheel.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
ok ill try that cuz 2day i hoped 10 inches =) i could only do 6,i guess all that practicing 2day payed off

clokstar

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
Moncton
Skateboard decks are the best way to go. If you can jump one, stack another. They stack amazingly well and won't fall over if you just tap them slightly. It's a pretty good idea to me.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
just keep pushing your self, if you can go to the local recylers and pick up some assorted boxes do it they are really good to practice on, when i rode bmx i did this, and in about 3 weeks went from jumpin my skate board, to jumping over 3 foot boxes and large trash cans on there sides. I also found that if you jump over unforgiving stuff where you have to make it over in order to not crash, you will get better faster, just do it in the grass where it doesnt matter if you fall.

Deadrider

Chimp
Aug 31, 2006
id say skate boards and high curbs
i used to be able to bunnyhop like 2inch lmfao
then like stopped bmxing started mtb now ive gone back to bmxing and i can proberly do 2decks racked =]

padrik5

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Silverdale, Wa
" I also found that if you jump over unforgiving stuff where you have to make it over in order to not crash, you will get better faster, just do it in the grass where it doesn't matter if you fall."

that's the way i go about it

if i know it won't move i try harder

hopping on to some thing is much easier than over imo

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
yeah definately stuff that won't give much helps, and practice till you can't move!! everywhere you ride, everytime you ride, hop the curb, pop off and hop it again, hop parking stops, sidewalks, planters, short stairs(if you case you'll probably pinch flat, good motivation)

you'll be hoping onto picknic tables in no time!!