Quantcast

watch a video if your bored. bikes!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Kevin said:
Street like street was supposed to be...
Street on a MBT is nice but its never gonna beat BMX.

street was never supposed to be anything, just kids on bikes.....;)

I'm not sure about 'mtn bikes beating bmx' because I don't think riding bikes is a contest, unless your at a contest.:D

I think street riding on bigger bikes will get better in years to come. It's still realativly new. will it be the same? of course not, but I don't think it will always be guys jumping down stairs.....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
pnj said:
I don't think it will always be guys jumping down stairs.....
or guys grinding down handrails :D . the clip where the rider rode the rail up, then rode it down backwards was sweet, on the other hand

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
cool video, lots of skill, would be a shame to see it all wasted because they didnt wanna wear a helmet.

are those your peeps pnj?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I don't know the guys in the video, I think it's an east coast dealy. I just found it on some other site....

you could probably backtrack in the URL and find some more info about it if you wanted.....

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
pnj said:
street was never supposed to be anything, just kids on bikes.....;)

I'm not sure about 'mtn bikes beating bmx' because I don't think riding bikes is a contest, unless your at a contest.:D

I think street riding on bigger bikes will get better in years to come. It's still realativly new. will it be the same? of course not, but I don't think it will always be guys jumping down stairs.....
I agree on the first part. Its all about having fun. But I really dont expect to see a wallride to turndown any time soon on a mtb and I think pegs are gay on a mtb so there go a lot of other tricks.
Not bashing on mtb street riders but I just dont think well ever be able to do tech stuff like that with our frames.
Its just not possible.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Kevin said:
Not bashing on mtb street riders but I just dont think well ever be able to do tech stuff like that with our frames.
Its just not possible.
I remember when 720's were impossible
I remember when tailwhip airs were impossible
I remember when backflips were impossible
and handrails and backwards handrails and 360 tailwhips and 900's and tailwhips to manual and bunnyhop tailwhips and, and etc...

I guess what I'm saying is, big bikes will one day come into their own, I think. they may not put pegs on and do the exact same thing bmx kids do but I think they will find their own style/path/whatever and the levels will be pushed in the same manner bmx is being pushed.

I don't think there is one thing you can do on a small bike that you can't do on a big bike. with the one exception being serious flatland. (I'm not going to argue this, so don't come back and say no footed cans are impossible or some thing, where there is a will there is a way:))

the biggest reason big bikes are at the level they are at is because people haven't been riding them and trying to do stunts on them for as long as kids have been on smaller bikes.

six months ago I don't think you would find anyone that would think a bunnyhop backflip was possible, yet dave mirra did one at a contest over the summer.
there are no rules, free your mind....:D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
pnj said:
six months ago I don't think you would find that would think a bunnyhop backflip was possible, yet dave mirra did one at a contest over the summer.
www.davemirra.com for the curious. click on the video link in the left-middle of the page :eek:

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
samich457 said:
Sweet vid! I love the music. Does anyone know who it is or anyone else who has that sound? Im normally a punk guy but thats a nice calm change.
I also dig the music. For stuff that's similar you might check out DJ shadow, and Amon Tobin. They inhabit a slightly similar musical space.