Quantcast

Watch out Pacific Blue....manimal's going to police mtb school

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
DRB said:
How pissed was that one guy gonna for the gigantic charley horse he got from that knee?
apparently pretty pissed 'cause he quit half way through field training. he was a transplant from Key West PD, had never done real police work before.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
it makes more sense for bike cop's to be riding burly hardtails to me, so they can bunnyhop and drop things that those trek grandma bikes cant handle. I mean the cars are tricked out, the gear is tricked out, but the bikes? they are weak sauce.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
boostindoubles said:
it makes more sense for bike cop's to be riding burly hardtails to me, so they can bunnyhop and drop things that those trek grandma bikes cant handle. I mean the cars are tricked out, the gear is tricked out, but the bikes? they are weak sauce.

Yeah, but its a lot easier to press the gas pedal a little harder than it is to learn how to bunnyhop and drop things. Plus, it would probably bring up insurance issues, and cop insurance already must be a headache!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
BigMike said:
Yeah, but its a lot easier to press the gas pedal a little harder than it is to learn how to bunnyhop and drop things. Plus, it would probably bring up insurance issues, and cop insurance already must be a headache!
slap a couple of panniers FULL of gear on your bike and then try to bunnyhop....it aint gonna happen

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
ridetoofast said:
slap a couple of panniers FULL of gear on your bike and then try to bunnyhop....it aint gonna happen
But they make fore some awesome wheelies and manuals. :dancing:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
pnj said:
are you landing on the second set of stairs in that picture?

yup, barely. first week on that bike and i was still trying to dial in the shock. it felt like a sponge that day and i couldn't get much boost off of it. my back tire landed smack dab on the top stair of the second set.

check my tire in this pic