Quantcast

Watch out Pacific Blue....manimal's going to police mtb school

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I saw a flyer on the training board at work for the Law Enforcement MTB Training school......requested it and got it!

it's going to be so much fun and i get to bring my own bike for the school, which is good, because my PD is still in the ice age with their bikes, cantilever brakes and all :rolleyes:

the funny thing is that i won't be riding on duty at all, i'm just taking it to take it; we only have bike patrol twice a year during the furniture market.

i'll have to get the schedule out of my car and post some of the events, it's pretty humerous. Those at work that have either seen me ride or have seen one of the videos that i've made are curious to see how long it'll take me to get kicked out of the school :devil:

one of the training points is: "curbs and stairs"......that should be an eye opener :D

i think the best part will be the "takedowns", "how to crash" and the "dismount and shoot".

i guess this will be the closest i'll ever come to being fully sponsored and -paid to ride- :D :thumb:

i'll try and sneak in some pics of the "cone course" and other stuff. it starts the first week of october.

i always instigate stuff with bike cops. they are funny, they actually think they'll catch me. i just tease them while sprinting and yelling at them. then i usually just take them over to a planter and throw down the mega-bunnyhop and leave them well behind, or to a stair section and gap it. once i even had to bunnyhop over the hood of a car. they get so pissed and yell at me to freeze as i just cruise off laughing. they are all goofy on their 22" tall frames w/ all the cute baskets and such......

i will go on record saying a bike cop will never catch me.......

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
WestCoastHucker said:
i always instigate stuff with bike cops. they are funny, they actually think they'll catch me. i just tease them while sprinting and yelling at them. then i usually just take them over to a planter and throw down the mega-bunnyhop and leave them well behind, or to a stair section and gap it. once i even had to bunnyhop over the hood of a car. they get so pissed and yell at me to freeze as i just cruise off laughing. they are all goofy on their 22" tall frames w/ all the cute baskets and such......

you might be a damn good rider, but how does that saying go? pride goeth before the fall...you never know when you are going to be unlucky. is it really worth it to fvck with them? im not terribly fond of cops, no offence manimal, but to outright f'with them and then brag about it just doesn't seem to bright...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
WestCoastHucker said:
blah, blah, blah....

I'm sure they will enjoy the work out they get from catching you and wailing on you with their batons. :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Is there a 'shooting whilst riding no-handed' section? That'd be cool! Also: You MUST huck a huge gap or set of stairs during training, or I'll personally come and slap you, all the way from NZ, on behalf of all :monkey: :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
WestCoastHucker said:
don't come to my town :D :nope: ;)

actually, i can't imagine any cop chasing you for riding....we have better things to to, well, at least around here.

changleen - don't worry, i plan on having a little fun. a friend of mine just took the course last month. he said, "yeah, you have to go down like 6 steps, it was scary at first but not so bad after i tried it". i just smiled.

splat - hopefully their eyes...of course, everytime i try to show-off like an idiot i usually eat it ;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
manimal said:
don't come to my town :D :nope: ;)

actually, i can't imagine any cop chasing you for riding....we have better things to to, well, at least around here.

changleen - don't worry, i plan on having a little fun. a friend of mine just took the course last month. he said, "yeah, you have to go down like 6 steps, it was scary at first but not so bad after i tried it". i just smiled.

splat - hopefully their eyes...of course, everytime i try to show-off like an idiot i usually eat it ;)
Dude, 6 stairs are 360° able! Do it!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
the bike cops that i knew before i became a cop were pretty cool. we'd session an amphitheater type of place that has some sick stair gaps and wall rides. we were technically trespassing and one of the cops would swing by once in a while, watch us play then tell us..."by the way, you're trespassing....but i'm leaving in a few minutes :D "

i model my enforcement actions after that guy. it's all about the greater scheme of things.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
manimal said:
t's going to be so much fun and i get to bring my own bike for the school, which is good, because my PD is still in the ice age with their bikes, cantilever brakes and all :rolleyes:
If the PoPo had your P2 / Z150 as standard issue ... :eek:

"Yes sir, No sir, right away sir, how high did you say sir?" :p

But with what they have now, I tend to lean in WCH's direction. :dancing: :D

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
WestCoastHucker said:

You are soooo cool.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
stoney98 said:
We used to do semi trainingclasses with UCPD, so that we'd get relative "get out of jail free" cards. We taught them how to powershift, ride stairs, dismount, take downs (see front wheel to r. derailluer), etc. We got free reign on campus as long as we werent breaking stuff.
They initially used to chase us off, but they could never catch us, so they finally asked us how to ride faster. They said the *ringer* as to why they asked us how to ride faster, was when they saw us tripling (sp?) stair sets. And then realized we were the guys wrenching on their bikes at the local shops. All in all, it was a pretty good setup. Much better then being on the wrong side.

Thats pretty cool :thumb:

I think bikes cops are pretty funny, they think they are all that, until you take a stair gap.

I tend not to screw with cops though, because no matter how well you can outrun a cop, you CAN'T outrun Motorola!

And the only run in with a bike cop that has actually meant anything to me was when we were riding on State property, and two bike cops came after us. Then 5 cars emerged out of no where. So yes, bike cops have backup :eek:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
WestCoastHucker said:
hey, i never said it was the smartest thing. nor was i trying to brag or be cool, it's just something that i find endlesly amusing and will continue to do so untill it isn't amusing to me anymore.....
Or some over zealous cop puts a bullet into you. dhg would be sad, I'd find it amusing, endlessly amusing.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
WestCoastHucker said:
hey, i never said it was the smartest thing. nor was i trying to brag or be cool, it's just something that i find endlesly amusing and will continue to do so untill it isn't amusing to me anymore.....

so....what's gonna happen when you get a freeride/urban savvy cop that gaps the stairs right behind you :D

i'm just messin man...i'm only taking the bike course so i can say i've been paid to ride. if they'd let me use my bike on patrol i'd probably consider doing that some of the time. i mean, i can carry most of my equipment in a camelback and still have my ASP accessible. With the drop leg holster for my gun i'd barely know i had anything on since there would be nothing hindering me around my waist.

currently, bikes are only used around some of the housing projects by officers assigned to the housing authority. i could seriously whoop up on our usual "runners" if i was allowed to patrol that area on MY bike :D the whole place is built on a hill with stairs/drops all the way down. all i'd have to do now is spray paint the P2 black :oink: :D