Quantcast

Watch what you wear

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think its also worth while to point out that they bought the shirts at the mall.

If they don't want people wearing the shirt, they shouldn't be selling them.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
I think its also worth while to point out that they bought the shirts at the mall.

If they don't want people wearing the shirt, they shouldn't be selling them.

(not sure here), Didn't they have the shirt made, they weren't just pre-printed...?

What a funny solution to the problem of them "stopping other shoppers", to take of their shirts.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
well, even if they bought pre-printed shirts there, doesn't mean it's appropriate to be worn there.

I mean, a woman can't just walk out of a Victoria's Secrets in some red, lacy, sexy underwear, right?

I wish they would, well, not the fat ones. Damn, wouldn't life be that much better if they could?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by patconnole
I'm still confused here.... in a mall!? Was this some Navy Exchange or something?
I don't get your navy reference, please explain.

My point was, that there are lots of items sold in malls that you shouldn't wear or use within the walls. Like some stuff sold at, I think it's, Spencer's? Don't they have risque stuff?

If you bought a bike in the mall, you couldn't ride it there, right? Tho if you buy a bike from Sears, I think you should get kicked off these boards ;) :D

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by LordOpie
I don't get your navy reference, please explain.

My point was, that there are lots of items sold in malls that you shouldn't wear or use within the walls. Like some stuff sold at, I think it's, Spencer's? Don't they have risque stuff?

If you bought a bike in the mall, you couldn't ride it there, right? Tho if you buy a bike from Sears, I think you should get kicked off these boards ;) :D
Navy Exchange = Navy Mall, where all the military folks shop, probably on a base. No Tax!

Yeah, if it was a bike from sears! But I don't see how "Give peace a chance" would even be REMOTELY close to inappropriate.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by LordOpie
well, even if they bought pre-printed shirts there, doesn't mean it's appropriate to be worn there.

I mean, a woman can't just walk out of a Victoria's Secrets in some red, lacy, sexy underwear, right?

I wish they would, well, not the fat ones. Damn, wouldn't life be that much better if they could?
I'm in favor of making Iraq a parking lot, and NK too while we are at it. But this Tshirt issue is just downright silly.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sorry for not completely clarifying. I not saying a "give peace a chance" shirt is a problem, just suggesting that the arguement that they bought it there is flawed.

Oh sh!t, I just said RM made a mistake... please don't ban me :D

But I agree that the whole thing is FUBAR and stoopid.