Quantcast

Watching the Douche'ography of Shawn Palmer right now.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Dude face it youre a clueless tool.
I would neg rep you again but unfortunatly i cant, so in stead im gonna put you on my ignore list.
In the allmost ten years that i frequent this forum youll be the first to make it on that list, guess you accomplished something in your life afterall.

Good luck getting more of those green squares youre so concerned about...
Maybe you should try another forum.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Palmers life is a joke compared to what I went through growing up.THATS why I have little to no sympathy for people that choose to throw their life away and act like a Neanderthal .SO that's why I CHOSE never to do drugs,drink or get high.I saw with my EYES what it does to people from a very young age.Its a choice.Its not a disease.

I certainly dont want to go into my bullsh!t on this,but I actually do know something of what I speak.My 1 and only point was that it's sad that this guy is held up as some hero.I completly respect what he's done for the sports he was involved in,but imagine the damage he possibly did to kids lives by not giving 2 sh!ts about what kind of example he put out there.

Youre,right .Im a cold ,heartless ,judgmental son of a bitch.

I have my life and the people around me that are proof otherwise.You may not like the words,but that's the biggest part of the problem,is people don't like the "mean"words more than dealing with the actual problem.

I'm certainly no shining star in certain areas.And people have called me out on my own bullsh!t over the course of my life.Some of it I've changed(which IS hard work)some of it I just disagree with(like what's going on here)

you can think what you want about me.I really don't care.I know what I do and don't do in my day to day life and I feel responsible to a higher authority for it.Thats all I'll say about that.

Give yourself a prize. Bravo! You had it worse and that gives you the right to trash other people who maybe had less support in other areas or were simply not as mentaly strong as you. I understand you can criticize his influence on the sport but calling someone you don't know based on their life choices is really arrogant.

I had friends do some really stupid things with their lives for much smaller reasons and I don't call them assholes.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I met Palmer and got to hang out at his table at Seven Springs once. He actually does have a relatively good heart. But I do think the guys head is scrambled through no INTENTIONAL fault of his own.

He landed in two segments of sports that needed rock star idols, snowboarding and downhill. He's a guy with a disregard for his own life mixed with phenomenal talent.

When he came along, both sports latched onto him and rewarded him and encouraged his personality and style. Two kinds of addiction happened, not just Palmer's addiction. Our sports desperately latched onto his recklessness b/c that's what we loved about our sports and fueled his growth.

His personality is addictive and everything from drugs to adrenaline fueled that personality. He was NOT a bad guy when I met him and I don't know too many people who know him personally outside his "PERSONA" that think he is.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Give yourself a prize. Bravo! You had it worse and that gives you the right to trash other people who maybe had less support in other areas or were simply not as mentaly strong as you. I understand you can criticize his influence on the sport but calling someone you don't know based on their life choices is really arrogant.

I had friends do some really stupid things with their lives for much smaller reasons and I don't call them assholes.
pretty much all this

SCARY

Not long enough
I made the statement I did,not for a prize,but because Kevin suggested that I Had no clue as to what I was talking about in relation to Palmers issues.But,you can read into it whatever you want.There's no point to try and provide any point of insight to anything.You're gonna read what you want to.

As usual,half of the people get what I'm saying.Whether they agree with it or not,that's ok.The other half just spin off in a blind rage.

This is the same way I sit around with friends and shoot the sh!t.It's not really any different,and I should keep in mind that some stuff just dosent translate well in text form as it would bs'n with friends.

I come on here because it's fun,even though I piss some people off.Sometimes say dumb stuff and try to keep it light most of the time.My disclaimer still stands VVV,not as an excuse but as the realization over time that my sense of humor might be and does sometimes taken the wrong way ...or taken the right way and still piss someone off.

I would still think I could argue about most anything and then still be friends at the end of it.Heck,I think I could argue with Palmer about all this and end up joking about sh!t at the end of it all.Maybe I'm wrong.Maybe it'd be one geriatric punching another in the face.

You can only hope,I guess.

Last edited:

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I made the statement I did,not for a prize,but because Kevin suggested that I Had no clue as to what I was talking about in relation to Palmers issues.But,you can read into it whatever you want.There's no point to try and provide any point of insight to anything.You're gonna read what you want to.
dude, good for you for getting through what you had to get through, but everyone is different and just because you persevered doesn't mean everyone else has the wherewithal to cope the way you did. everyone is different, and as much as Palmer struggled with addiction issues he also pushed himself very hard in his life as an athlete and was really successful, even though that doesn't always solve all those other personal issues. you aren't palmer, and he isn't you, that's really all there is to it.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I agree with Scary on this one, but I can't let the "bike shop sponsor" go. I don't know where to even go with it its so meaty. I suppose I'll let it marinate.

SCARY

Not long enough
dude, good for you for getting through what you had to get through, but everyone is different and just because you persevered doesn't mean everyone else has the wherewithal to cope the way you did. everyone is different, and as much as Palmer struggled with addiction issues he also pushed himself very hard in his life as an athlete and was really successful, even though that doesn't always solve all those other personal issues. you aren't palmer, and he isn't you, that's really all there is to it.
Fair enough,Thanks for not busting my balls any further.They're flat.
Again,it was "intended" as more of a critique as to the pedestal he was/is put on in spite of his behavior and drug /alcohol abuse.

I'd like to say I thought I was to harsh on the guy ,but I don't think that.I have to many people in my family that kill themselves with this crap and find any excuse to justify it.I goes on for years longer than it needs to by coddling the behavior.

I feel the DVD glorifies the negative stuff about him in just the same way it was in the past.I truly hope he has or will get it figured out and turn it around.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Palmer was an opportunist with the right skills at the time. Like others, I had a positive experience when I met him.

Bad behavior is idolized by some people and always will be. That's true in sports, music, whatever. Bonham is a pretty good example, but I might have picked Moon.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I don't care how good you are at 10 different sports,if you're such a tool that can't even control yourself on a daily basis....I'll just wait for the boring Gwin documentary to come out.

I thought I disliked the dude before this.He'd make a great inmate someday.

Not impressed.
You know what's even worse?

I have it from a trusted source that he wears goggles with his half shell :eek:

SCARY

Not long enough
No.....
Actually,
I'm not
But it sure is fun watching you twist yourself in2 a knot,tRying 2 be clever about it.

I got on a bit of a rant a couple times.Punctuation and correct grammar and maintaining a business letter format tend to take a back seat when you're all heated about something.And,proofreading often leads to further explanation and as I've demonstrated,dosent work for me very well.

I have to admit I lost a little respect if you think I can't follow you