Quantcast

Watching the Douche'ography of Shawn Palmer right now.

SCARY

Not long enough
I don't care how good you are at 10 different sports,if you're such a tool that can't even control yourself on a daily basis....I'll just wait for the boring Gwin documentary to come out.

I thought I disliked the dude before this.He'd make a great inmate someday.

Not impressed.

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
I don't care how good you are at 10 different sports,if you're such a tool that can't even control yourself on a daily basis....I'll just wait for the boring Gwin documentary to come out.

Not impressed.
brilliant post! no joke...i love it!

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
How strange! You know who I dislike? Piers Morgan - I will never watch a documentary about him or anyone else I dislike though

SCARY

Not long enough
I was actually hoping the film would change my opinion about him.I was thinking maybe Im too harsh in my attitude toward him....I'm not.

maybe he's changed or something now that he's older.Or something.

I'm probably more irritated at all the mouth breathing fanboys that seem to want to polish his knob and go on about how awesome he was.

Great! He's talented in athletics!He also appears to be a stereotypical street punk with little to no self control or the ability find a purpose beyond being an idol to tools with room temperature IQs.

if I've offended,I am sorry.I really just have little patience for people who throw their whole lives away into drug and alcohol abuse in a celebration of depravity and gluttony.If you have "issues" that's different.So many in this sport idolize this dude,and it's not just for his obvious talent.We constantly see videos of racers in after race activities getting drunk and destroying other people's ****,lighting fireworks off indoors and wrecking rental cars just to replicate stuff Palmer already did.But hey,I'm not fast,so what do I know.There are plenty of people that think Gwin is a tool just because he's humble and DOSENT do all that crap.

....And yeah,I don't get invited to many parties :)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Palmer is the rock star of extreme sports....including all the excesses that normal rock stars also celebrate. Do you only listen to church choir music? ;)

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Kevin lives in Holland.

His whole country thrives on rep deduction,so help him gain status by deducting HIS rep.
You have no clue about my country, or about drugs or about Shaun Palmer.
I know all there is to know about two of those and I know Shaun Palmer has earned my respect by being one of the best athletes ever and by doing more for the image of our sport then anyone on this forum or the whole planet.

The fact that you dont respect that, and that you cant comprehend the fact that he is a human being makes you nothing more then a little forum crybaby.

Plus youre from the US who the hell are you to comment on anyones country anyway...

No wonder you dont get invited to many parties.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Plus youre from the US who the hell are you to comment on anyones country anyway...
USA rules prime example we had HENDRIX! :)

Not sure about this guy but from what I have seen in the SK8 industry him acting under his age is almost needed what age is the target market... So I am not shocked. I'll wait till he pulls a Rick James/Eddie Murphey before I pass any final judgements on him.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Just remember kids, if there wouldn't have been Palm we all would be racing down the hill clipped in without peaks and in skinsuits!!! :eek:

Not that there is anything wrong with it.....

Red881

Chimp
Aug 12, 2012
I think it's a little extreme what scary is saying...but I respect Palmer for what he's done as an athlete but not as a person. Ive met him a few times and he's never acted like a good person...he just doesnt care about fans. I know quite a few pros that are just awesome people. Hannah, peat, minnaar, hill, and many others have just been so awesome the first time i met them. I really do respect Palmer for what he's done as an athlete and Im stoked to see the movie...but I do partially understand what scary is trying to say. He acts like a dousche. I know I'm gonna get reamed for saying this but whatever

Edit...remember people like oj Simpson and mike tyson also were stunning in their sports and ended up not that great

SCARY

Not long enough
You have no clue about my country, or about drugs or about Shaun Palmer.
I know all there is to know about two of those and I know Shaun Palmer has earned my respect by being one of the best athletes ever and by doing more for the image of our sport then anyone on this forum or the whole planet.

The fact that you dont respect that, and that you cant comprehend the fact that he is a human being makes you nothing more then a little forum crybaby.

No wonder you dont get invited to many parties.
Are all the Dutch humor impaired?.....geez

And yeah....I made the "party's " joke the 1st time. I got it.

Rereading your post...I'm thinking you might be about 7-8 years old.So I'm gonna refrain,here,as to not anger your mom if she reads this.

SCARY

Not long enough
I think it's a little extreme what scary is saying...but I respect Palmer for what he's done as an athlete but not as a person. Ive met him a few times and he's never acted like a good person...he just doesnt care about fans. I know quite a few pros that are just awesome people. Hannah, peat, minnaar, hill, and many others have just been so awesome the first time i met them. I really do respect Palmer for what he's done as an athlete and Im stoked to see the movie...but I do partially understand what scary is trying to say. He acts like a dousche. I know I'm gonna get reamed for saying this but whatever

Edit...remember people like oj Simpson and mike tyson also were stunning in their sports and ended up not that great
For your sake ,I hope people ignore that you kinda defended me on your first post.

But,you said what I said in a much more diplomatic way and probably how I should have.But,it's the fact that you have to worry about getting reamed for stating the obvious about him is what is scary.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
if I've offended,I am sorry.
No, unless I've completely missed it, the point of this whole thread was to insult anyone who doesn't agree with you.
And it's not as though you're the first one to do it, but you lose credibility when you pretend you don't know what just came out of your keyboard.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I was actually hoping the film would change my opinion about him.I was thinking maybe Im too harsh in my attitude toward him....I'm not.

maybe he's changed or something now that he's older.Or something.

I'm probably more irritated at all the mouth breathing fanboys that seem to want to polish his knob and go on about how awesome he was.

Great! He's talented in athletics!He also appears to be a stereotypical street punk with little to no self control or the ability find a purpose beyond being an idol to tools with room temperature IQs.

if I've offended,I am sorry.I really just have little patience for people who throw their whole lives away into drug and alcohol abuse in a celebration of depravity and gluttony. If you have "issues" that's different..........

....And yeah,I don't get invited to many parties :)
Some of you really blow my mind sometimes... the callousness... the schadenfreud... you think you know everything and just call it right then and there...

Palmer's Dad walked out on him when he was very young. His dad was NOT the nicest guy. Years later, (I believe in his early teens) Shaun saw what he thought was his dad at this local bar... he asked around and spoke with his mom and discovered it was, in fact, his real dad. So, since he had a bunch of questions, and wanted to reconnect, he approached this guy. His dad showed up to the same bar every day like clockwork. Shaun walks up to the guy, introduces himself and asks this guy if he is in fact his father. His dad said "Yes" and then basically told Shaun to F*ck Off...

That's some pretty cold-blooded sh!t. I think deep down Palmer always wanted to either earn some kind of validation from his dad or prove himself through achievement that he was better, but he acted out by rebelling - that's what we all saw on the outside.

Keep in mind there is always more to someone than their behavior. It's what motivates them - what drives them - or even what eats away at them that compells them to do the things they do.

Based on that, I'd say this qualifies as "Issues".

Last edited:

nolson450

Chimp
May 26, 2009
Most mountain bikers are just dorks, plain and simple, so they love the idea of a cool mountain biker.

Often times, the guy with the amazing natural talent doesn't have the work ethic. He is still an icon and I will always respect what he did and the way he did it, being a young impressionable mind at the time of all his glory.

Let's face it, most of the mountain bikers back in the day just partied (cough Gracia), and many probably still do. The sport isn't as serious or big as MX.

Gwin may not be the "rockstar", but he's the best American Downhiller of all time. Period.

SCARY

Not long enough
Some of you really blow my mind sometimes... the callousness... the schadenfreud... you think you know everything and just call it right then and there...

Palmer's Dad walked out on him when he was very young. His dad was NOT the nicest guy. Years later, (I believe in his early teens) Shaun saw what he thought was his dad at this local bar... he asked around and spoke with his mom and discovered it was, in fact, his real dad. So, since he had a bunch of questions, and wanted to reconnect, he approached this guy. His dad showed up to the same bar every day like clockwork. Shaun walks up to the guy, introduces himself and asks this guy if he is in fact his father. His dad said "Yes" and then basically told Shaun to F*ck Off...

That's some pretty cold-blooded sh!t. I think deep down Palmer always wanted to either earn some kind of validation from his dad or prove himself through achievement that he was better, but he acted out by rebelling - that's what we all saw on the outside.

Keep in mind there is always more to someone than their behavior. It's what motivates them - what drives them - or even what eats away at them that compells them to do the things they do.

Palmers life is a joke compared to what I went through growing up.THATS why I have little to no sympathy for people that choose to throw their life away and act like a Neanderthal .SO that's why I CHOSE never to do drugs,drink or get high.I saw with my EYES what it does to people from a very young age.Its a choice.Its not a disease.

I certainly dont want to go into my bullsh!t on this,but I actually do know something of what I speak.My 1 and only point was that it's sad that this guy is held up as some hero.I completly respect what he's done for the sports he was involved in,but imagine the damage he possibly did to kids lives by not giving 2 sh!ts about what kind of example he put out there.

Youre,right .Im a cold ,heartless ,judgmental son of a bitch.

I have my life and the people around me that are proof otherwise.You may not like the words,but that's the biggest part of the problem,is people don't like the "mean"words more than dealing with the actual problem.

I'm certainly no shining star in certain areas.And people have called me out on my own bullsh!t over the course of my life.Some of it I've changed(which IS hard work)some of it I just disagree with(like what's going on here)

you can think what you want about me.I really don't care.I know what I do and don't do in my day to day life and I feel responsible to a higher authority for it.Thats all I'll say about that.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Well, when I met him, he was a pretty nice guy and chill.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
remember people like oj Simpson and mike tyson also were stunning in their sports and ended up not that great
Absolute truth in this case. He may have done things for the sport, but he is still a bag of ****, and you know what, if he wasn't around, we would idolize someone else. We would be just as good with him as without him in the history of the sport. Its like saying, what would basketball be without wilt chamberlin.... still basketball...

this is plain old ****ing retarded, i've known people in my life with far worse circumstances, and i dont care what the **** you have to go through in your life, that doesn't give you a free pass to be an ass hole for the rest of your life.

Palmers life is a joke compared to what I went through growing up.THATS why I have little to no sympathy for people that choose to throw their life away and act like a Neanderthal .SO that's why I CHOSE never to do drugs,drink or get high.I saw with my EYES what it does to people from a very young age.Its a choice.Its not a disease.

EXTra! ParagraPHS of RAnting
I agree with your dislike of palmer, but to be honest your self gratifying posts over the last couple months have made me disagree with you on a different level, please change your location, no one actually cares about rep, or the mockery that you have created over multiple threads, this is a DH forum, this would have been better suited for the lounge.

Sincerely, someone that doesn't give a ****

SCARY

Not long enough
You have a pretty invested sounding way of not giving a ****.

palmers about DH ...in a DH forum.

yeah,I post some stupid **** sometimes.Get over it.Dont click on it if its got my name on it.You have my permission.

I haven't been able to do much of anything productive since an injury in March.So,when I can get back on the bike ,you can have your Internet back.

the mockery I have created?! Are you fresh outta drama class?A little overstated maybe?

I'll do my best to get back on track with tire pressure posts and flats vs clips debates.....Or maybe "debate" would be too self gratifying ....maybe just discussing the new TLD gear and how low Sam Hills BB height is.

..but since you don't care,I don't know what I'll do.

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
From reading your recent post and threads, I think your jacked up on painkillers and give you free pass. Some of your post was pretty funny, others was just a point of view.