Quantcast

Watching Tour of California: What should I do?

What should I do about watching the Tour of Calif?

• Take off whole day, start in Martinez then drive to San Jose

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Take off half day and just watch the finish

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Watching road racing is boring

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I want to see the 3rd stage, from Martinez to San Jose, but I am debating about taking a day or even a half day from work. I leave it up to your discretion.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
take the day off and scream and yell as loud as you can. that's what watching bike racing is all about! acting like a pure idiot. i lose my voice most of the time when i'm spectating.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I am planning on riding to the big final climb on Sierra Road. I wish I had gotten my compact double though....

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I watched a time trial on the Tour Dupont in '96 from the patio of a mexican restaurant with a bunch of friends. Cheering the riders on as they passed while drinking Coronas was fun. But that was a time trial so you got to see all the riders pass one by one.

I imagine watching a road race from the side of the road and having pretty much all the riders pass all at once would be pointless.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I plan on going...I think it's dope they are doing my old training ride. The three bears are thebomb and that climb out ain't no joke, they're in for a ride for sure. I would have sent them on the ride I did from concord to santa cruz through saratoga with that climb up highway 9 and the bomb decent down into fulton...epic. I am trying to plan how and when right now. I have tickets to the after party and I really want to go so...I'll keep you posted. It's next tuesday yo!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'll be checking out the prologue action on Sunday but that's probably it. I'm working but would love to go see some of the ride on Thursday, I do a century just about every year from Carmel to Cambria (straight down Rt. 1 and through Big Sur), it is one of the most ridiculously gorgeous stretches of road in CA and they are pretty much doing the same route (plus a little more).