Quantcast

Water engine...?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Link?

He was serious when he called it HHO? HHO would be H2O. Unless he's referring to the lewis structure (H-O-H for water), in which case that's a poor way of referring to it.

The way the clip referred to it would be impossible. If you want to make something out of water, you need energy. They said that soon there would be a car that runs entirely on water.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I think this requires more reading before some intelligent discussions might come out of me. BUT, from a quick read of the above linky, it seems this has pretty good potential for cold fusion! Afterall, the idea of this (from my initial reading) is the recombination of H, H and O into water w/ a reduction in volume of around 18xx:1. It is really interesting that the "flame" isn't hot to water/skin, but will convert metallics into liquid in a blink of an eye!

Edit: found more supporting literature on Brown's Gas: http://www.eagle-research.com/browngas/whatisbg/whatis2.html

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
All they're doing is a normal splitting of water into hydrogen and oxygen. Splitting the water in the first place requires more energy than the hydrogen gives back, which is why hydrogen isn't yet a viable energy source.

Given the lack of significant amounts of information... :think: Sounds fishy to me. Clearly there are some cool applications (I'm reading about the temperature differences as it burns between the flame and the surface of the material), but the Fox bit was immensely misleading. No shock there :p. And HHO was a stupid way to refer to it, since HHO = H20, what he meant was it was changed into monatomic hydrogen and oxygen. The structure may be different but all H2O refers to is the number of hydrogens and oxygens, not the structure of it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Searching Google Scholar for "Brown's Gas" returns virtually nothing. More reason to think it might not be all it's cracked up to be?

More information:
http://www.freeenergynews.com/Directory/RhodesGas/index.html

Claims of gas properties are sometimes incredulous on the face, sometimes exaggerated, but are usually backed by documented evidence.

One counter-claim is that there is no one capability of this gas that cannot be surpassed by some other technique; and that the main value is probably just that of a "Swiss Army Knife" versatility. However, such properties as not heating water, while immediately penetrating iron submerged in water, is a property that is probably not matched anywhere. The welding of dissimilar metals may include some combinations not achievable elsewhere.
Some very interesting stuff on that page, both positive and negative.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If it's legit he should fear for his life - there are a lot of very powerful Arabs and Texans who are going to want him dead along with his technology.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Wouldn't it be wonderful if he'd just figure this out and threw it under public domain and give it away for free? I'd really like to see some of those "powerful" energy barons getting it up to the elbow w/o
Astroglide, just as bad as they've been dishing it out at the pumps!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
There some interesting work going on with deuterium (H + a neutron) and so called 'heavy' electrons (subatomic particles that closely resemble a neutron bound with an electron, a muon I think it was?) I don't know the exact details but the gist of it is that with the heavier particles you have a high statistical probability of getting fusion reactions when you smack these things together than you would if you just smacked plain old H and H together. The heavier particles stand a better chance of getting past the long range coulombic repulsion that surrounds the atoms and into the region where attractive nuclear forces take over. Anyway it's a different take on cold fusion.

I just saw a talk related to this on reaction mechanisms for deuterium, and heavy electrons where they outlined the various reaction paths that can take place. It was pretty interesting. Because the masses are so different the chemistry is really different too. Neat stuff.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
jdschall said:
There some interesting work going on with deuterium (H + a neutron) and so called 'heavy' electrons (subatomic particles that closely resemble a neutron bound with an electron, a muon I think it was?) I don't know the exact details but the gist of it is that with the heavier particles you have a high statistical probability of getting fusion reactions when you smack these things together than you would if you just smacked plain old H and H together. The heavier particles stand a better chance of getting past the long range coulombic repulsion that surrounds the atoms and into the region where attractive nuclear forces take over. Anyway it's a different take on cold fusion.

I just saw a talk related to this on reaction mechanisms for deuterium, and heavy electrons where they outlined the various reaction paths that can take place. It was pretty interesting. Because the masses are so different the chemistry is really different too. Neat stuff.
Linky?