Quantcast

Waterfest anyone?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I am flying out tomorrow. Unfortunately my brother's girl car won't be finished.
The rear end from Strange was a no show.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
stevew said:
I am flying out tomorrow. Unfortunately my brother's girl car won't be finished.
The rear end from Strange was a no show.
Holy crap! If only there was a way of understating the massive performance modifications. How hilarious would it be to wheestand a somewhat stock-looking VW past a tire barking 5.0 Mustang punk. Even funnier would be to sleeperfy one of those GTi Cabriolet convertibles complete with teenage girl-type bumper stickers and seek out the local Camaro mullett for some fun at his expense. :D

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
llkoolkeg said:
Holy crap! If only there was a way of understating the massive performance modifications. How hilarious would it be to wheestand a somewhat stock-looking VW past a tire barking 5.0 Mustang punk. Even funnier would be to sleeperfy one of those GTi Cabriolet convertibles complete with teenage girl-type bumper stickers and seek out the local Camaro mullett for some fun at his expense. :D
Yeah, kinda hard to hide that roll-cage and those huge Eagle slicks on Weld wheels... ;)

I keep having dreams of working hte 5.0 in my van... how would that be for a sleeper? :sneaky:

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
stevew- I never thought a drag beetle could look so good..It probably won't stay like that for long thanks to sponsers, no? Anywho whats the powerplant? VR6T?

I'll be looking for the RM shirt!

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
I saw the beetle...haha vr6t no way! I had a good time even though I was there for only one day and spent half of it standing in the AWE booth

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
NotQuiteJdm said:
I saw the beetle...haha vr6t no way! I had a good time even though I was there for only one day and spent half of it standing in the AWE booth
It will be VW/Audi powered next year. He had a 3L VR6 bottom end built up but sold it. A friend of his is fabricating an adapter to hook up a VR6 to the Powerglide for his own tube framed Scirocco.

It was fun to be on the East coast. God do New Jersey roads blow.