Quantcast

Watershed thread (again)

WV Hippy

Chimp
May 20, 2004
Is somebody willing to PM or E-mail me the inside scoop on the 'shed? I just moved to the area so I'm out of the loop. I tried a search, and found alot of threads about NOT talking about the 'shed. Thanx in advance!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
We might be riding it this weekend. If you are interested in going I believe a thread will be up soon. Just PM Hotbuttertoppin or me.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
You should check out http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Savetheshed/. There's old but still relevant info on the state of the shed., i.e. why everyone's so touchy about new riders. The same sort of courteousies apply as do with D.J.'s like 495, so that it doesn't get shut down. :thumb:

(I'm not saying you're not courteous, it just never hurts to know the low down.)

WV Hippy

Chimp
May 20, 2004
Thanks for the invite but I'm headed to Big Bear this weekend. Can I get a rain check? I found a thread on the MORE board that details the issues out there, so I understand the rather precarious position the 'shed is in. I wouldn't want to jeapordize a riding spot. I just want to ride my bike.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Onetime, I just put two and two together regarding the yahoo group and your interest in the group.

I had you confused with someone else, or rather, someone else had you confused with who I was thinking of, but nevermind. You broke your collarbone and have a chainring tat, right? Think I saw ya at the Shed several weeks ago while I was with a big group of guys, but I was too tired/dazed/hungry to introduce myself.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Not sure what I'm doing this weekend, school work is getting alittle heavy and I was exhausted sunday night so I didn't go into work till 1 so I might make up some hours on sunday but no promises on either right now.

onetime

Monkey
Aug 31, 2004
in a pond
Yea, that was me! I'm hoping to ride up here this wekend if I can get my bike together. I've been away so much I haven't ridden any of the local trails for months, I'm really excited. See you all there.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Ah cool, yeah I'm bad with names and faces and usually end up staring at people thinking to myself "do I know that person...they seem familiar." Were you up at Snowshoe, because I probably did just that up there? Being a giant redhead it's fairly hard for me to "blend" however, so I get lots of "I remember you but do you remember me?"

I'm going to call some of the usual suspects and see what they're up to for Sunday. My wrist is all torn up but it's nothing some bandages can't fix, and I'm too eager to get back on the bike to just sit around this weekend.

Brunettes, I understand dude. Hopefully you'll find time for a bit of a ride with us but either way it's all good. After this weekend it's just killing me that I don't have a big bike and I'm broke. Heh.