Quantcast

Way down yonder where biking is forgotten...

Columbus GA:

Ask the average person around here what a mountain bike is and they'll tell you "it's one them biikes that go faster than the other ones". DOnt even ask themn if they know where a bike store is unless it's near a bait and tackel store. What a waste-land this place is. Not a whole lot of trails to ride, and even fewer people to ride with. Oh, there are lots of roadies to ride with, but I dont own a road bike. Not to mention, down here, the roadies and the XC geeks are sworn enemies.

SO if there is anyone out there that rides in the Atlanta area, drop me a line and let me know if yor planning on riding.

fatpandas

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
atlanta
there's a group of cats that do a thursday evening ride through downtown towards emory and back.
last i remember they meet in the back of the willy's parking lot at 12th st and piedmont ave. and head out around 7pm.

i wrapped my ride around a tree a couple of weeks ago so i won't be riding anything but my track bike anytime soon.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Not sure if you ever ride on a BMX track but the Peachtree City track is MTB friendly. There is some fun stuff around town here as well. A sicko mtx track is @ 10 minutes away.
I want to do something this weekend. I'm not sure there will be anything to ride though.
There is some kick ass urban in Macon. Once it cools down, people heal up and BMX bikes get put away they ride on sunday mornings. There is nothing like hucking in a cemetary.