Quantcast

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Skier Accused of Hitting 14-Year-Old Girl in Colo.
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 5:35 p.m. EST

BEAVER CREEK, Colo. (AP) — A Georgia man has been charged with misdemeanor child abuse for allegedly punching a 14-year-old girl in the face after she ran into his young son at Colorado's Beaver Creek Ski Resort.

Forty-one-year-old Scott Filler of Decatur allegedly hit the girl after she bumped into his 4-year-old son Friday.

There was no answer at a telephone number listed for Filler.

Eagle County Sheriff's Lt. Mike McWilliam said Tuesday the collision happened after the girl swerved to avoid a fallen skier. McWilliam says a ski instructor intervened and Filler apologized when he realized his son wasn't seriously hurt.

Vail Resorts, which owns Beaver Creek, says Filler's skiing privileges have been revoked at all six of its resorts.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Don't judge w/o knowing the whole story. Not saying it's ever ok to punch somebody in that situation, but I have come unglued on punk kids on ski hills.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Don't judge w/o knowing the whole story. Not saying it's ever ok to punch somebody in that situation, but I have come unglued on punk kids on ski hills.
This is true. Girls in full ski kit tend to be classic examples of the term "grab bag". How this escalated this far is the crazy part.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The best thing about slamming some 14 year old girl in the face in front of your 4 year old son is the example it sets for him.

That's why I randomly pick out teen girls in the mall and falcon punch them in front of my son. He is very proud of me.

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
The best thing about slamming some 14 year old girl in the face in front of your 4 year old son is the example it sets for him.

That's why I randomly pick out teen girls in the mall and falcon punch them in front of my son. He is very proud of me.
I thought this was funny for the mental picture it created.

Punching 14 yo girl in the face, not so funny.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The tag "shoulda been in the kitchen"....gotta be jonkranked. :rofl:

In fairness to said father, had this been a certain 14 year old girl from my hometown when I was young....it would be commendable. Crazy 150lb redneck girl that would punch a guy or girl in a heartbeat. Scary....so scary!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yeah I'm pretty sure I wouldn't punch a 14 year-old girl (as she could probably take me). But if there was some sort of lead up to the event, where the girl was being stupid, as 14 year-old girls are wont to be, that lead to the plowing into my 4 year-old.....I might take issue with it.