Quantcast

Way to Kick Ass Dalton Doug!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Saw this in the GMT, figured a separate congrats thread was in order.

douglas said:
Sunday was race # 3 of the Masters of the Mountains/ NYS Championship series...I was good all w/e, I did a fast ride Friday, an easy ride Saturday, stayed hydrated, ate well, got enough sleep.....and I guess that helped being I won my cat/age group and, more importantly I also won the series, so I am NYS XC Champion (sport 30-39)!!

YAY! ME!!!! :dancing:
Congratulations Doug!!! Way to kick some major ass!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Did you get any nice swag for being the Series Champ???

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks! :D

swag wasnt that great........ but the experts/pros got paid, $500 for top pro, $200 for top expert (in each age group)

I had the series lead by 8 points coming into this race, and part of me was hoping the guy in 2nd would be a no show, another part wanted him to be there to see what would happen (I couldnt stay on his wheel last race, I got 3rd, he got 1st)

The course didnt have much elevation change, just a few tough short climbs (even pros did the hike a bike up 1 of them) and 2 more not really bad climbs, some real tech rocky sections, some of which were along a 20 foot drop/cliff, some rooty sections, & two 1-2 ft drops

well mr. 2nd palce was there, and after the start he had the lead into the singletrack, then we poped out and had to go around a pond - I passed him by diving way down by the water......then into more single track and I had the lead when we hit this crazy steep shall chute, I nailed it & I did hear some carnage behind me.
A jr & I now had a gap in front of the rest of the group, we started to catch some of the 19-29 group (they had a 2 min head start), soon the the jr rider faded. I just kept on it for the next 2 1/2 laps......I had one rider catch & pass me (a 40 plus dude), I just kept pushing, hoping I could hold the lead.......and I did ! Woot!!!

I was realy impressed by 2 of the 50 plus sport riders, they were only 5 minutes slower than me, and were faster then most of the entire sport field

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
That Pedros bottle opener kicks ass! I could put that on my Instigator like the 1x1 Splat took a snapshot of up in East Burke. :)

yeah, its pretty cool

one of choices for expert/pro overall was a 2.5 ft bear carve out of wood :confused:

they also had a hill climb challange, 1st to make it won a w/e at the race site ( http://www.riedlbauers.com ) and a pair of road wheels

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
thanks!!

I doubt I could have won if it wasnt for riding w/you monkeys !!

be it better endurance from riding at the kingdom or a long ride at Yukon w/Berkshire, or better at tech stuff from riding w/ :monkey: in CT or the SMBA trails, or working on cardio so I could lay down a faster lap (at a 24) than ECHO or Sq-Earl !!