Quantcast

***Wayward Wednesday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Boy, it sure didn't take much to put me right back into full "fuck this place" at work. Weird how as soon as unemployment went back up we all started getting treated like shit again.

Woke up in the wrong side of the bed this morning, I guess.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Board meeting for one of my cities today. Bunch of actually important stuff to get sent off today. And small child is already crying awake...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I slept like garbage on account of a dog that was up pacing all fucking night. I know it's not her fault but it's hard not to get frustrated and pissed off about it. This morning I am very happy about not having to go into the office.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And my shoulder feels like falling off... Getting M ready for sale so I washed and waxed it yesterday. Didn't realize that my orbital had died, so I decided to just hand wax it. That was a horrible decision.

Shoulder surgery was cancelled yesterday too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
First commute to work from the new place this morning. Twice (or more) the distance now, but due to there being no traffic it took the same amount of time.

I slept like garbage on account of a dog that was up pacing all fucking night. I know it's not her fault but it's hard not to get frustrated and pissed off about it. This morning I am very happy about not having to go into the office.
Similar. The cat woke me up at 2am by sitting in an empty box and purring like a trumpet for an hour.

But hey, either of these is better than waking up to an animal that has shit everywhere and jumped on the bed after rolling in it!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Boy, it sure didn't take much to put me right back into full "fuck this place" at work. Weird how as soon as unemployment went back up we all started getting treated like shit again.

Woke up in the wrong side of the bed this morning, I guess.
yea but you didn't wake up in the cart.

or with someone trying to build a bridge out of ya.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and another episode of "As the Virus Spreads" is upon us. At least I only have 10 transports today. My neighbors all know that I am out there transporting people, none of them will get closer to me than 100' which is not a bad thing :busted:

Wife is going stir crazy. Me I am a loner by nature so I don't GAF

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

We booked a cabin in the woods 2 months ago and have been waiting to see if they cancel and they have not. So Friday to Monday we take all 3 dogs and hope for the best. Right on the river, only one other house visible, I hope it's good. Guess we will find out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
God damn everyone needs to stop watching the news at work, their bandwidth consumption is hampering my ability to load teh covidmonkey.com!

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
One by one, people from my generation drop away into history. At best, we briefly honor them and move on. The world never stops and it always moves on. That is the way of things.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got the announcement that the two buildings I care for are shutting down on Monday "until further notice".

Hopefully I have enough tasks for the head office and others to keep my occupied...otherwise... :popcorn:

:panic::twitch::fie:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. We were out of Japanese breads so I remedied that. Baby Aya loves her some kare pan.

DF82BB82-FDE6-4BC4-9599-54C6A763A970.jpeg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

We booked a cabin in the woods 2 months ago and have been waiting to see if they cancel and they have not. So Friday to Monday we take all 3 dogs and hope for the best. Right on the river, only one other house visible, I hope it's good. Guess we will find out.
Don't do this man... if they are rolling along business as usual, and have been renting it out, there is NO FUCKING WAY that place isn't covered in the cooties of everyone that has been there, as well as everyone THOSE people have been in contact with.

DO NOT DO. :fie:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Don't do this man... if they are rolling along business as usual, and have been renting it out, there is NO FUCKING WAY that place isn't covered in the cooties of everyone that has been there, as well as everyone THOSE people have been in contact with.

DO NOT DO. :fie:
In our neck of the woods all rentals have been canceled and closed, province borders closed, region borders closed. Basically the "stay the fock home" message is pounded hard. I'm about to call in danger close air support when I see unknown people walking on my street.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Broke my dr. ordered isolation yesterday becuase I was getting no suport at home (im high risk), went for a walk and saw adi hanging out with neighbor hood kids, in no way social distancing at all. Pretty much the lack of support I am recieving at home from loved ones has made me rally re-examine things & I think once this over I will prolly leave Colorado if possible.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Broke my dr. ordered isolation yesterday becuase I was getting no suport at home (im high risk), went for a walk and saw adi hanging out with neighbor hood kids, in no way social distancing at all. Pretty much the lack of support I am recieving at home from loved ones has made me rally re-examine things & I think once this over I will prolly leave Colorado if possible.
Leaving Colorado...we talking alone?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In our neck of the woods all rentals have been canceled and closed, province borders closed, region borders closed. Basically the "stay the fock home" message is pounded hard. I'm about to call in danger close air support when I see unknown people walking on my street.
Talking to my neighbor yesterday and he said almost all the hotels and b&b setups on the coast are closed and folks in the gorge are pissed with all the tourists.

This place isn't anywhere cool, so the traffic is minimal at best. We didn't plan on venturing while there before this mess. It's on 7 acres for a reason.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Leaving Colorado...we talking alone?
My auto-immune disease is huge inconvience to the house evidently & the one person I should be able to count on I can't, at this stage in my anger witnessing the true charecter of someone I love, all I can think about is my exit strategy.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Take a deep breath and find your center. Everyone's off kilter now. Do they suck the rest of the time?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My auto-immune disease is huge inconvience to the house evidently & the one person I should be able to count on I can't, at this stage in my anger witnessing the true charecter of someone I love, all I can think about is my exit strategy.
dude... sounds like you guys need to talk.... eso no es bueno.
Yup. they've sealed off the borders: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-gatineau-bridge-border-ontario-quebec-1.5517240
I live about 200m from the border. My forest trails are about 4km away, on the wrong side of the river. Fuck. I was hoping to ride there once the snow melted. Apparently they are setting up roaming check-points, so it's just now worth the hassle/stress to head out. On the plus side, this should give the trails time to dry out...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
leave in the middle of the night.

cough in her face while she is sleeping before you go..

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I live about 200m from the border. My forest trails are about 4km away, on the wrong side of the river. Fuck. I was hoping to ride there once the snow melted. Apparently they are setting up roaming check-points, so it's just now worth the hassle/stress to head out. On the plus side, this should give the trails time to dry out...
Is that Gatineau Park?

edit: or Camp Fortune?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This place isn't anywhere cool, so the traffic is minimal at best. We didn't plan on venturing while there before this mess. It's on 7 acres for a reason.
the concern SS is raising has nothing to do with remoteness but whether or not the people who own & rent out the cabin are cleaning it appropriately between rentals

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Is that Gatineau Park?

edit: or Camp Fortune?
yes.

:D

Camp Fortune is in Gatineau Park. Fortune is about 20 km away. But the Park juts right into town, less than 1km from the river. There are bike paths along the river, and unofficial trails that connect to the official network. They're south-facing and usually dry out very quickly. My guess is they'll be good to go in 2 weeks (with maybe a few wet spots), and dry as a bone in 3 weeks.

I need to maintain perspective. This will eventually be over. it may seem like an eternity now, but we'll get through it. what sucks more is that my wife is now forbidden from seeing her parents (on the West Island). We weren't planning on seeing them anyways, but it adds an additional barrier.