Quantcast

***Wayward Wednesday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wife's extra grumpy today. Me being either working, or having my mind occupied with work topics, or on my bike, or asleep - probably isn't helping much.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
buddy forwarded this last night when he heard. awesome trip down memory lane. saw a lot of pictures from mags that i remembered, and a lot of boards either I had owned or friends had. plus now i want that book too.

@TN - as others have said - take some deep breaths, take some walks, come back and talk. if still untenable, yeah, go.

@jimmydean - def think hard about it . . .

My day has been not so great - rear-ended someone last week and insurance dude just let me know they're calling my car totaled. fortunately, we don't really need two cars for a little while . . . but did not want to be thinking about cars at a time when it's likely i'll either get a pay cut or get furloughed sometime soon. hrmph.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
buddy forwarded this last night when he heard. awesome trip down memory lane. saw a lot of pictures from mags that i remembered, and a lot of boards either I had owned or friends had. plus now i want that book too.

@TN - as others have said - take some deep breaths, take some walks, come back and talk. if still untenable, yeah, go.

My day has been not so great - rear-ended someone last week and insurance dude just let me know they're calling my car totaled. fortunately, we don't really need two cars for a little while . . . but did not want to be thinking about cars at a time when it's likely i'll either get a pay cut or get furloughed sometime soon. hrmph.
speaking of stuff... mega?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
buddy forwarded this last night when he heard. awesome trip down memory lane.
if you feel like a good cry....go to grosso's instagram and watch the videoes of him skating with his kid....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yes.

:D

Camp Fortune is in Gatineau Park. Fortune is about 20 km away. But the Park juts right into town, less than 1km from the river. There are bike paths along the river, and unofficial trails that connect to the official network. They're south-facing and usually dry out very quickly. My guess is they'll be good to go in 2 weeks (with maybe a few wet spots), and dry as a bone in 3 weeks.

I need to maintain perspective. This will eventually be over. it may seem like an eternity now, but we'll get through it. what sucks more is that my wife is now forbidden from seeing her parents (on the West Island). We weren't planning on seeing them anyways, but it adds an additional barrier.
Oh yeah for some reason I thought you lived on the QC side....derp. Are you allowed to cruise any of the paths in the city? Y'all have soooo much path to explore.

Not seeing the parents thing is hard. My girlfriend hasn't been able to physically visit her dad since this all began, as he is locked up in a private care facility. Its tough on two fronts, not being able to visit and not really knowing what is going on in there - ie the fear about reading of other care facilities having outbreaks of the virus and people dying. If he gets it, it sounds like she won't be able to even make contact if he gets in some sort of serious condition... :(

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I need to maintain perspective. This will eventually be over. it may seem like an eternity now, but we'll get through it. what sucks more is that my wife is now forbidden from seeing her parents (on the West Island). We weren't planning on seeing them anyways, but it adds an additional barrier.
Same here. Mother in law is in a CHSLD (qc old people facility) and now they say that more than 400 of those accomodation have now at least one infected resident. She has respiratory problems... My GF is afraid to never see her mother again. :(

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oh yeah for some reason I thought you lived on the QC side....derp. Are you allowed to cruise any of the paths in the city? Y'all have soooo much path to explore.

Not seeing the parents thing is hard. My girlfriend hasn't been able to physically visit her dad since this all began, as he is locked up in a private care facility. Its tough on two fronts, not being able to visit and not really knowing what is going on in there - ie the fear about reading of other care facilities having outbreaks of the virus and people dying. If he gets it, it sounds like she won't be able to even make contact if he gets in some sort of serious condition... :(

yeah, still cruising the paths. working hard to remind the kids to give people a wide berth as they pass them.

also emailed the mayor to ask him to close streets so that people could have more space to be outside and maintain proper social distance. I think Philly may have done this already? there's less cars out, and the ones that are out are driving really fast, so this could be a win-win...

Same here. Mother in law is in a CHSLD (qc old people facility) and now they say that more than 400 of those accomodation have now at least one infected resident. She has respiratory problems... My GF is afraid to never see her mother again. :(
we're sort of in the same boat. Her dad is bed-ridden. luckily, he's at home, but he still has people come to take care of him every day. I think he gets 2 nurse visits/day and another care worker too. Or maybe 1 nurse and 1 care. At any rate, the nurses usually have their own vehicles, but it seems some of the care workers have to take the bus. If they don't clean themselves properly, and he gets sick, that's pretty much it. It would devastate her if that were to happen.

I guess the key is to stay home and stay healthy.

We have a bunch of kids in our court (at last count it was just about 30). Up till Monday, they were still playing games that led to contact (soccer, basketball, hockey). We put our foot down yesterday, and told our kids "no games where you touch". That limits it pretty much just to biking and scooters. Had to have an uncomfortable conversation with other parents who thought we were being unreasonable...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yeah, still cruising the paths. working hard to remind the kids to give people a wide berth as they pass them.

also emailed the mayor to ask him to close streets so that people could have more space to be outside and maintain proper social distance. I think Philly may have done this already? there's less cars out, and the ones that are out are driving really fast, so this could be a win-win...

we're sort of in the same boat. Her dad is bed-ridden. luckily, he's at home, but he still has people come to take care of him every day. I think he gets 2 nurse visits/day and another care worker too. Or maybe 1 nurse and 1 care. At any rate, the nurses usually have their own vehicles, but it seems some of the care workers have to take the bus. If they don't clean themselves properly, and he gets sick, that's pretty much it. It would devastate her if that were to happen.

I guess the key is to stay home and stay healthy.

We have a bunch of kids in our court (at last count it was just about 30). Up till Monday, they were still playing games that led to contact (soccer, basketball, hockey). We put our foot down yesterday, and told our kids "no games where you touch". That limits it pretty much just to biking and scooters. Had to have an uncomfortable conversation with other parents who thought we were being unreasonable...
I've noticed the fast cars as well... roads are pretty empty and yet people are still flying down them, tailgating etc etc

I mean really....

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've noticed the fast cars as well... roads are pretty empty and yet people are still flying down them, tailgating etc etc

I mean really....

It"s been the opposite here so far. Lots of walkers (not the dead kind) on every streets and cars have been slowing down and making space. Must be some car junkies might have started walking and saw the other side of the medal.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sounds like you need to smash. And I ain't talking rocks and roots.
Desperate times need desperate measures? :busted:

Rode today. Ran into a riding friend on his new-to-him Hightower LT frame pimped with bitching parts, such as the 11-6 (end of year special) and a Pushed 36 GRIP2. He's fast. Was fun, then it got dark and I rode back home.

Funny enough, in German you have the same expression. So just those English speakers are weird.
So is in Czech. And Slovak. And likely all Slavic languages. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We have postponed, I do feel much better about it. Thanks for the feedback, I was on the fence up until Monday. We got an email from the rental offering a no fee cancel. We said we still want it, just later. :rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:stupid:

And kids sometimes do stupid shit. Have you actually brought this up in conversation?

yeah i dont know waht to think. went for a drive yesterday to get out of the house & every trail head I passed was overflwoing with cars & people. Every pull out had people playing with their dogs & picnicing. It was as crowded as a memorial day weekend.
I am clearly over reacting.