Quantcast

WC 2010 team changes

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
This thread is nail biting. I bet Minnaar is grabbing some Kona coffee to keep himself awake so he can watch it unfold.

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
I was watching the Devinci Code at my friends house in Marin, and I'm pretty sure there was a reference to some deity reworking his contract in the black market. Though that movie is about as indecipherable as drunken redneck reports of Banshees and Yetis.
Whatever he ends up doing, I imagine he's gonna put his race face on so he can straitline it to the podium next year.
It would be safe to say that he would blow himself out of a cannondale before signing with a bad company, norcould he handle the smaller salary of a rider-owned company.
Hayes anyone heard from his manager Jamis Tomac (John's younger brother)? Or did he13 get a new manager? OMGT that would hurt more than getting bit by a Diamondback.

edit: God Gamut I shouldn't have taken so long to Write This Bad post.

Last edited:
I was watching the Devinci Code at my friends house in Marin, and I'm pretty sure there was a reference to some deity reworking his contract in the black market. Though that movie is about as indecipherable as drunken redneck reports of Banshees and Yetis.
Whatever he ends up doing, I imagine he's gonna put his race face on so he can straightline it to the podium next year.
It would be safe to say that he would blow himself out of a cannondale before signing with a bad company, norcould he handle the smaller salary of a rider-owned company.
Hayes anyone heard from his manager Jamis Tomac (John's younger brother)? Or did he13 get a new manager? OMGT that would hurt more than getting bit by a Diamondback.

(edit:) God Gamut I shouldn't have taken so long to Write This Bad post.
You win.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Whatever he ends up doing, I imagine he's gonna put his race face on so he can straitline it to the podium next year.

edit: God Gamut I shouldn't have taken so long to Write This Bad post.
Ha-ha. I am lmao just at the creative use of combining words and bastardizing the english language. Extra points for "norcould" and "God Gamut". Well played.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
So - here's the inside deal on what is REALLY going down with the WC teams in 2010:

Greg Minnaar will race for Giant AND Trek. Look for his custom 2010 Glory outfitted with Bontrager components.

Steve Peat will ride for Santa Curz / Stella. So essentially he'll be riding for Stella... but we already knew that.

Duncan Riffle will ride for Lifestyles "Kiss of Mint" flavored condoms and Haakonjord's Adult Toy Supply. Talks with Norelco for a beard-trimmer co-sponsorship are ongoing.

Brendan Fairclough will be riding a feisty Darley Arabian named "Blaze" and Sam Hill will be traded to Detroit as a Defensive End.

I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
My, what a clever bunch of wordsmiths you all are.
I'm with Ryan on this one and leave you kids to it.

meca06

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
Reunion Island
World Champ Steve Peat + Minnaar = expensive. and money is tight for a lot of teams right now

Minnaar is such a class act. gracious in all his post-world champ interviews and congratulatory to Sam after finishing 2nd in the world cup too. Even in his post-world cup interview on vital with sven notice when asked what he's doing for next year you have to pay attention to what he doesn't say, namely anything in reference to a sponsor.
héhé, too late to see....

Last edited:

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Update: Duncan Riffle to ride for Irex Dildos and Pantene Hair Care.
It's pretty funny how much you seem to hate...on everything and everyone.

Is it because you are an overweight american who races beginner class? Mommy and Daddy didn't buy you that shiny new Benz when you turned 16 like the rest of your friends? Or do you just plain suck at life?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Is it because you are an overweight american who races beginner class? Mommy and Daddy didn't buy you that shiny new Benz when you turned 16 like the rest of your friends? Or do you just plain suck at life?
People laugh at his sponsor without hating him. It's just funny for some people. We have a local rider also sponsored by a condom company who stragely enough has some similar features to Riffle that also was a topic of many jokes after that but I don't think a "safe" sponsor greately enlarged his number of enemies. Chill and see people posts in a more positive way ;) He's just being a bit sarcastic.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Dude, cmon, if you get a condom company as a sponsor, you're gonna get some ribbing...for her pleasure!

It's pretty funny how much you seem to assume about me and how much sarcasm seems to be wasted on you.

Famous words - If they can't take a joke, F em.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
its not like anyone who watches UFC doesnt chuckle a bit when you see the guys with Condom Depot on the back side of there trunks, its just funny

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco

lol, lol, lol. Wait...wasn't your cousin factory mom-and-dad sponsored for like most of his career? Not that I care, just kinda the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
My cousin? No relation actually. Condom sponsors are funny, but its not new anymore. Since you guys know so much about him (duncan in this case) you should know all about his sponsorship history, I mean **** he's from Santa Barbara like you, so you should know all about that mommy and daddy stuff.. I mean Fabien's french, so that means he just waves a white flag, Stevie Smith is Canadian so he loves Tim Hortons, and hockey...

This forum is too much. It seems I struck a nerve here. I understand sarcasm, I really do, I am a frequent user and abuser of it. Everyone here seems to love to talk smack here (me included). It just seems like when anyone types a response to a post that isn't in stride with your views, or negative in anyway the smack talk turns into "I was just bein sarcastic bro...chill out man..." It's pretty humorous how everyone here can pop shots from their ivory towers that are behind your computer screens. But as it's been shown here, not many of you actually know anything about these people you seem to know soo much about. But blab on about people like you've all had multiple first hand encounters with them (and maybe some of you have)...

Famous words - If they can't take a joke, F em.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Going to try NOT to be a dick, but....you seem to be the only one getting butthurt here? Everyone else seemed to roll with it just fine. I really don't care if you chill out or not and I don't claim to know much about any of these people. I certainly don't care if what you post is in stride with my views or not. Just don't complain about everyone else making gross over-assumptions. You're perfectly capable of doing the same evidently.

I'm here mostly to amuse myself really...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Alrighty then!

Chris Kovarik to ride for Slayer. No bike sponsors, just Slayer.

Mick Hannah to ride for Jesus. The Aussie national champs will be the final battle of good vs. evil.

Sam Blenkinsop will get a glove sponsor.

Nathan Rennie will ride for TapOut.

Shawn Palmer is in contract negotiations between Jim Beam and Jack Daniels during which time he is mostly consuming Steel Reserve.

Sam Hill is receiving tempting offers from PowerThirst to pull him away from Monster, with promises that their energy drink will help give him a complete unibrow. And 10,000 baby Kenyans.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Kanye West will continue to be the lead graphic artist for Troy Lee Designs.