Quantcast

WC#6 Val D' Isere (FRA)

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
I guess I'll start this one...
Track walk tomorrow...it looks steep, open, wide and fast. Weather forcast is warm and sunny.
Predictions? Hart is out for this one, Gee is not injured as he just won nationals. Gwin also...

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Is Peat recovered? The course looks kinda old school from the pics I saw - I would love to see him in the top 5 again

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Gwin out with a flat. Otherwise not stoppable.

Podium:
Hill
Bulldog (hucks to flat = his race)
Brendog (how is his thumb?)
Ratboy
Smith

I would love to see that happen :D
The loosest kids on the top.

Not that Gwin doesn't deserve it. But my heart cheers for loose and gnarly, not skalpell-precise style.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I would love to see gwin be scalpel precise and win again. He's on the greatest winning streak of any mountain biker ever, and I want it to last. I want him to be minnaar/peat/hill/nico's WC wins within 3 years.

Plus, he's pretty much the nicest dude on the circuit, and its impossible to have hate for him.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
He took the in n' out stickers off his helmet.

I mean they make your fries right there in front of you. Why the hell would you take that sticker off?

I don't trust him.
wel ****...

new information has come to light, man.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
. He's on the greatest winning streak of any mountain biker ever..

P
Not at all dude.
Furtado still has him beat by a metric century. I don't think anyone will ever be able to match her 12 race XC streak in '92-'93 or her 17 race streak from '94, If it wasn't for the Metabief worlds in '93 she would have had 29 consecutive Worldcup and NCS wins. She's also the only person ever to win the World XC and DH championships.

She's the G.O.A.T. and she was racing when MTB racing was as big, lucrative and competitive as it ever has been and ever will be.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not at all dude.
Furtado still has him beat by a metric century. I don't think anyone will ever be able to match her 12 race XC streak in '92-'93 or her 17 race streak from '94, If it wasn't for the Metabief worlds in '93 she would have had 29 consecutive Worldcup and NCS wins. She's also the only person ever to win the World XC and DH championships.

She's the G.O.A.T. and she was racing when MTB racing was as big, lucrative and competitive as it ever has been and ever will be.
Pssst......mickey

We're talking about mountain biking here. Not road racing on dirt paths where things like gu shots become relevant.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Whats the weather looking like? Track looks fun, although as Norbar said, there are only a few multiple line sections. Still, the helmet cam might be deceiving or out of date.

Gwin's the obvious choice, but I'm going to say Minaar and Bulldog could make it happen.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Never underestimate the power of a few hundred cat 2-3 passes in terms of royally fvcking up a track. :D
It's a French track, it won't be in good condition anyway ;) It still will be one line though. Even if it gets rough the track seems pretty straighforward and the corners will be one line anyway (well unless someone drops a bomb on one). Maybe one hairly line like they had in La Bresse.

Don't get me wrong I like the high alpine French tracks. It reminds me of the DH race track they have for the side race during the megaavalanche. It's fun. Though that one had a few more sneaky lines. Though I'm pedantic about lots of line choice because I like to get stupid ideas on tracks (not that I have any place on a world cup outside of riding post race and enjoying the track)

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Steep, raw, little/no man made influence, and full of corners.... about time the UCI went back to this formula for a DH track.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Furtado days was on real XC trails, not dirt paths.
That being said, lets keep the chatter on the record books to DH (ACC streak).

Pssst......mickey

We're talking about mountain biking here. Not road racing on dirt paths where things like gu shots become relevant.

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
It will be interesting to see how gwin handels a track he never raced on before. He mentioned, during his second year of the world cups, he didn't have to worry about learning the course just concentrate on being fast.
Maybe a race Hill can get back on top again.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It will be interesting to see how gwin handels a track he never raced on before. He mentioned, during his second year of the world cups, he didn't have to worry about learning the course just concentrate on being fast.
Maybe it's time for Spagnolo to get a good result. He probably raced it and he likes steep trails. He may not be considered a contender but look how it worked for him last year in champery.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

I wouldn't read into it that much...

Yes, it is tough to get up to speed quickly when a track is new to you and your competition has been there numerous times, but by the time race day comes around everyone is sorted out. It only matters on day 1 really.

And no one has ridden this one yet.