Quantcast

WC Cold Springs

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I don't know where the other thread went, but I just hiked the WC section of CS today (felt like going for a run, and I'm still finishing the stem necessary to complete the bike) and took a look at this hyped up World Cup section. It really doesn't look that bad unless I'm missing something. The only thing that's sketchy is the drop to start off with that sort of drops you out in a bush since it's a little overgrown, but you can deal with that if you're pinning drops anyway. Maybe that one left-hand switchback in the boulders before the stumps, but it looks like someone has put in an inside drift line so you aren't pulling trials moves on a DH bike.

Is there another section to this I'm missing? I guess it's sort of gnarly as far as SB riding goes, but definetely nothing a decent rider couldn't clean (the claim that only Riffle and Graves can clean it is complete BS I think...). It would be cool to watch them do it though. I bet they get through it mighty fast compared to any of us. It also seems like a good way to get to the left side of the fork below the fire road and avoid a ton of hikers and climbing, but I sort of wish it were longer.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I didn't take a picture. The lip is between two trees and you pretty much land in a bush, although there is somewhat of a tranny. The takeoff is downhill too so it really isn't that hard since it isn't blind.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Eh, that section is steep as far as SB stuff goes. Looks a little intimidating but there's a couple smooth(ish) lines through it. The corner after would be the real tough part, but it looks like there's a pussy line now. I'm actually heading out now to go ride it as a loop from the Hot Springs trailhead.