Quantcast

WC dh #2 Champéry

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
There was a youtube link posted in here a week ago....looked rad.

BTW-how the hell do you get the little accent mark over the 'e' in champery?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm leaving in a couple of hours for Champery. It's only an hour away from me.

If anyone is going, come say hi at the Yeti tent.

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
if hills injuries heal up then i think your forgetting somone in that line up, also its insanely unrealistic to expect nico to do that well he has been beaten by barrel and amiel cavelr(sp?completely wrong i know)already. unless hes been lulling us into a false sense of security.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
if hills injuries heal up then i think your forgetting somone in that line up, also its insanely unrealistic to expect nico to do that well he has been beaten by barrel and amiel cavelr(sp?completely wrong i know)already. unless hes been lulling us into a false sense of security.
1 word for you:
Switchbacks!

Stik might can back me on this one, since he's got to see him ride so often in person. If there is one thing no one will ever come close to replicating, it's Nico's ability to rip everyone a new a-hole in steep switchback turns. I counted about a 15 second time bonus in there for Nico. Not saying he'll be the fastest in all other sections, but the guy owns steep switchbacks.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
True on Nico and switchbacks, he has an insane ability to accelerate faster out of one and carry enough speed into next, etc....but he aint winning no world cup.

And what Sam Hill injury???? did I miss something?

Oh...and when has Amiel (from giant, via australia) raced nico????

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
"Hill ...................He's in the top 10, lounging around in 9th place. Curse of the rainbow..."
More like 'curse of injuries' - riding in knee brace due to injury plus forearm with stitches....................pain
From the Wheels of Speed thread.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Chilling out in Champery as we speak, track is just so, I don't know crazy/steep/ etc... Had some cow for dinner, nice!

Mar 1, 2005
Holy off chamber madness batman that looks like and old school world cup course its about dam time, now all we need is palmer and tomac . That trail would sux if it got major rain .

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
maybe i'm just high on my pain meds right now... but i started crackin up on the fast-fowarded sections.... & when the guy pumped his hands in the air when he finished! hahaha

course looks rad! i wanna go next year!
Is there gonna be a next year-I have it on decent info that this venue for DH is a one time affair.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
Is there gonna be a next year-I have it on decent info that this venue for DH is a one time affair.
oh i have no clue... just wanted to chime in! ;)

i wouldn't hold my breath either way whether or not it'll be back. would be cool if it was, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. you know how the race scheduling goes... decent confirmation doesn't mean jack anymore. lol

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Nico won again on Sunday in Roquebilliere on-what looks like-a lighter Lappeiere with a coil shock. Should be a great race next sunday!
http://www.nicolasvouilloz.com/galerie_display_vtt.php?epreuve=164&saison=2007
The weather: http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|CH|SZ023|CHAMPERY&metric=1
man...Nico wearing skate pads...never saw that one coming. You'd think the guy would be lifetime sponsored by Dainese from what he did for that company over the years.

But the thing that hasn't changed...the number plate:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i love fesh cut tracks.

i should have gone to this one instead of schladming

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Has a lot of squaw elements, but with greenery and moisture!
A few people I talked to online this evenign have said it is the steepest track they have ever seen, period. Super tight switchbacks and loamy, hero dirt in many sections. Being fresh cut though, it will probably rut up pretty quickly in the berms and switchbacks. Looks like a rad event!