Quantcast

WC dh #2 Champéry

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
i've now watched that yeti vid a total of 5 times.

that track kinda reminds me of plattekill. anyone else see the resemblance?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
no its not in the swiss alps, but look at it, steep, tough turns with a ton of loose stuff floating around. yes there are jumps and its probubly better designed, but you dont see any resemblance?

look at the 4x track! that soil looks exactly like pkill

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
the world's best could barely get down this course. . . . i've stood in line at plattekill with 250lb drunk guys on 10yr old bikes and bald tires who get down that hill just fine.

there is no comparison. no matter how much the plattekill gnar squad cheerleaders would like to think so.

back on thrack. . . . someone must have video they aren't sharing. or were Sam Hill's otherworldly skills reserved only for those present?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

back on thrack. . . . someone must have video they aren't sharing. or were Sam Hill's otherworldly skills reserved only for those present?
I doubt we're going to see much of anything. Guys gobbling up 50 feet of elevation with a full brake slide doing tri-pods is about as much distance as anyone could see from everything said. Even saw mention where someone said the only place you could watch someone for more than 2 seconds was from the lift.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
the world's best could barely get down this course. . . . i've stood in line at plattekill with 250lb drunk guys on 10yr old bikes and bald tires who get down that hill just fine.

there is no comparison. no matter how much the plattekill gnar squad cheerleaders would like to think so.

relax! i was just making a vauge comparison. i didn't say they looked exactly like each other... just that watching the vid and seeing the riding reminded me of plattekill.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
They do a nice f'ing job with those summary videos. Who puts those together?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good find Luc - nice start to the day. Love the section where even the biggest stars stop and look. Good to know it even happens to the best.

Would love to be able to ride more on tracks like that.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Good find Luc - nice start to the day. Love the section where even the biggest stars stop and look. Good to know it even happens to the best.
I almost posted the same thing. It is nice to know that even the pros have stop and think about their line.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i just saw the footage of the champery WC on tv!!! it had more footage then the vids online. it showed sam hills crash too, it was at least 6-7 secs. :shocked:

oh yea, it was on eurosports, for those to have that channel. it has been repeated a few times already.