Quantcast

We all gon die. The pandemic thread.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So the inspectors are just now being considered as a risk for spreading the disease? (cue Anthrax)
An inspector working in Central California added: “We’re missing the whole point of public health 101, and we’re the public health department.”

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Talk about desired outcome
I believe that 100%.

So, Saturday night I had a semi-scary heart issue. Around 2am I woke to my heart RACING, like sprinting-level heart rate. It lasted a minute or two, long enough to consider calling somebody. Still fatigued every day too. That said, my physical and blood work was all normal (and the Dr. didn't test for antibodies even though I asked them to)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I believe that 100%.

So, Saturday night I had a semi-scary heart issue. Around 2am I woke to my heart RACING, like sprinting-level heart rate. It lasted a minute or two, long enough to consider calling somebody. Still fatigued every day too. That said, my physical and blood work was all normal (and the Dr. didn't test for antibodies even though I asked them to)
Nick, I'd suggest you go to a cardiologist. They'll probably put you on a holter monitor to wear a week at home.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm in the same boat. Weird cardiac shit.

I've taken the approach of just going for a bike ride and trying to induce heart attack or death. Since our fucked up health system doesn't do shit until there's real evidence slapping some of these arrogant GPs in this town straight in the face.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I believe that 100%.

That's scary! I'm with Toshi, go see a cardiologist! I just started trail riding again 3 months ago and having a heart attack is on my mind while riding especially at the beginning as my heart rate climbs. Waiting for Amazon Prime Day next week and will buy an iWatch 5 as it has the ECG app. I figure it can't hurt and I can keep a closer eye on whats going on with my heart. I know it cant sense a heart attack, but can't hurt to have it. The days of feeling invincible are long gone especially at 54. Getting old sucks, but way better than the alternative.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
That's scary! I'm with Toshi, go see a cardiologist! I just started trail riding again 3 months ago and having a fuheart attack is on my mind while riding especially at the beginning as my heart rate climbs. Waiting for Amazon Prime Day next week and will buy an iWatch 5 as it has the ECG app. I figure it can't hurt and I can keep a closer eye on whats going on with my heart. I know it cant sense a heart attack, but can't hurt to have it. The days of feeling invincible are long gone especially at 54. Getting old sucks, but way better than the alternative.
Well, unfortunately I have experience with racing hearts. I had a few afib episodes starting in my mid20s (dayum) and got ablated succesfully (knock on wood).

Apple uses the same bits and algorithms as the Kardia mobile from alivecor.com. If you don‘t want to buy the whole watch, check this little tool out.
It‘s a single lead ECG that can detect irregular heartbeat such as afib, or other supraventricular or ventricular tachycardias (abnormal fast heartbeats). Very useful to detect these beasts as they are usually very hard to get them on paper, since they usually don‘t show up in the hospital. I have one. It works great.

@Nick Like aformentioned, go to a cardiologist first and check if your heart structure and ecg is ok.
If so, don‘t worry too much. There are a lot of abnormal heartbeats, but only ventricular tachycardias are very dangerous but very rare.
That said, it is important to get them on paper if they are happening repeatedly, so a Kardia or the Apple watch might be useful.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
X-post.

A reminder that the current administration is responsible (so far!) for the deaths of 50x more Americans than Osama bin-Laden.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
agreed. appt next week.
Bold move Cotton. Familiarized myself with heart rhythms since 2014, what you described could be a no. of irreg. or regular but very rapid rhythms. Like what others have said, an appt. with a cardiologist would be the best move. If he's aggro enough, he'll have you wear a holter monitor, maybe an echocardiogram too. Gluck, hopefully its just a one time thing that'll never come back.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We all gon get laid off.

Wife has been working harder than me at my job since April trying to find a new job since she was laid off. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do not recommend.

Best of luck to her. The uncertainty is the worst. I don't think I would survive this without riding bikes.

I enjoyed my 2010 layoff. When I finally got an offer I asked if I could delay my start date by two months. Then I quit a year later and took 2 years off for grad school. But I was financially prepared for such a situation, mostly because of a $700 mortgage payment. Far from something I enjoy now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You can buy beer in montana, wyoming, and even utah.

Sweet!

Where's my beer. You rode in airplanes to get to those places.
what would you like....i have never bought beer in my life.