Quantcast

We all gon die. The pandemic thread.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is there hope that at some point in this crisis a critical number of Trump supporters will realize he's an uncontrollable douche nozzle?

It seems Trump can say the stupidest things and contradict himself over and over... and millions of fucktards are still cheering for him and accusing the liberals for everything that doesn't work in the country. WTF people?
They don't go by his actions, or lack there of, they go by what he tells them. If Herr Twitler says he's doing a terrific job then that's exactly what his supporters will believe. Facts don't mater, only how he makes them feel.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I work in data for a living.

We're realistically looking at probably somewhere around a 15-20% infection total around the country with only a fraction of a percentage represented in positive tests. It's a result of highly restricted availability of testing. That's a fucking horror show in the making that we're going to start seeing unfold in the next week or two.

It is what it is.

And right now we have the majority of the country walking around feeling healthy thinking "those numbers are pretty low and I see trump talking about being busy once a day" and that's literally all they know. Most of these data reporting sites have to explain what a derivative or log scale is. God forbid inflection points what an exponential growth really is.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Literally the only country getting exponentially worse after 500 deaths.

Italy locked down at 800 and we just hit 1000.......and we're talking about reducing restrictions nationally.

We're very much on track to be number one. Or america first as you could say.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Literally the only country getting exponentially worse after 500 deaths.

Italy locked down at 800 and we just hit 1000.......and we're talking about reducing restrictions nationally.

We're very much on track to be number one. Or america first as you could say.

You know what is funny. Our president claims to be a business genius. Ya know what this shit looks exactly like right now. Basic compounded interested and the fucking genius doesn't get it.

I meant funny like 'haha we are properly fuckered'

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You know what is funny. Our president claims to be a business genius. Ya know what this shit looks exactly like right now. Basic compounded interested and the fucking genius doesn't get it.

I meant funny like 'haha we are properly fuckered'
i think today might have been the first or second time my dad has sat through anything trump has had to say.....

"doesn't he ever shut the fuck up" were his exact words.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I will say, for the first couple of years of mango's reign most of us used to wake up wondering what he was going to do to kill us all today.

At least we have a leading contender right now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Those charts would be interesting to see in per-capita numbers.
A lot of folks are focusing on percentage of population numbers which I guess is the first tendency. Mentioning higher mortality rates for H1N1, ebola etc. But it's the final death number that's really going to matter. We didn't cage 9/11 in terms of percentage of the american population killed (although I'd love to hear someone do this to orange foolius next time he brings up the flu). It's the spread of this thing that's going to make it as bad or worse than some of the other viral pandemics, high contagion/low death rate still equals a shit ton of people. And unlike flu, this will be in a period of 3-4 months, not a full calendar year.

Westy's got a spreadsheet already started, maybe he can throw some population numbers in there. Everything I want to know someone else is doing somewhere.

Californians are patting themselves on the back right now for a high number of tests but we still haven't tested for shit in terms of portion of the population.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A lot of folks are focusing on percentage of population numbers which I guess is the first tendency. Mentioning higher mortality rates for H1N1, ebola etc. But it's the final death number that's really going to matter. We didn't cage 9/11 in terms of percentage of the american population killed (although I'd love to hear someone do this to orange foolius next time he brings up the flu). It's the spread of this thing that's going to make it as bad or worse than some of the other viral pandemics, high contagion/low death rate still equals a shit ton of people. And unlike flu, this will be in a period of 3-4 months, not a full calendar year.

Westy's got a spreadsheet already started, maybe he can throw some population numbers in there. Everything I want to know someone else is doing somewhere.

Californians are patting themselves on the back right now for a high number of tests but we still haven't tested for shit in terms of portion of the population.

All I have done is track Seattle and Nationwide numbers, really the same you see evewhere else, I just best fit exponential formulas to it to project future numbers, and to see when exponential growth breaks. I just like fucking around with numbers I don't actually know anything.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Right but you've already got half of what sti was asking in terms of percentage population. If you can pull an easy csv file somewhere with state/city populations you could generate his per capita stuff.

It is kind of weird I haven't seen anyone do this yet.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Look at all those flacid limp dicked countries. What we got is a good old fashioned boner, and it's gonna be the biggest hardest boner the world has ever seen.
Thought the same but on further investigation I think the data is flawed. Look at Japan and South Korea. :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Thought the same but on further investigation I think the data is flawed. Look at Japan and South Korea. :D
Who's closer to rush limbaugh's favorite sex worker vacation industry?

Italy?

Don't think so.

That reminds me......speaking of timing!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I went ahead and did my own extrapolation from the current trend in death numbers using US data since the 10th death reported.

By jesus risin' easter (day 40), we're on track for about 100,000 total deaths on the day. I suspect this might taper a bit because given the 3-4 week time from infection to mortality this still largely is a snapshot of pre-lockdown steps. The scary part is there's coverage now of areas that are not testing dead 'pneumonia' cases. But as I mentioned, this line is actually steepening so the trendline is biased a little by slow startup rate.

chart.png

All the idiots screaming 'buht flooo!' need to understand this is in 40 days total (17 days from this post), not a year.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went ahead and did my own extrapolation from the current trend in death numbers using US data since the 10th death reported.

By jesus risin' easter (day 40), we're on track for about 100,000 total deaths on the day. I suspect this might taper a bit because given the 3-4 week time from infection to mortality this still largely is a snapshot of pre-lockdown steps. The scary part is there's coverage now of areas that are not testing dead 'pneumonia' cases. But as I mentioned, this line is actually steepening so the trendline is biased a little by slow startup rate.

View attachment 142619
I have a daily new % trend starting 22 days ago. Trend line is rising, .01x+.133. last few days seem to have stabilized a bit but today's numbers look ugly so far. Basically the Exponential rate is increasing, or for those unfamiliar with this stuff, we have a bank account of dead people the bank was offering an interest rate of 13% and has been increasing it 1% each day.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think this will probably ebb and flow as other urban centers start to blow up. Right now this is heavily driven by NYC which I doubt will get duplicated because there just isn't the public infrastructure in other places putting people on top of each other like subways. But I think multiple cities will be undergoing surges concurrently so who knows.

Plus we're all seeing people doing dumb shit in crowds no matter where we live I think.

Hopefully more toilet lickin' influencers rise to the occasion.

edit: I just used the numbers from the last week.....eesh, about double the easter massacre

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think this will probably ebb and flow as other urban centers start to blow up. Right now this is heavily driven by NYC which I doubt will get duplicated because there just isn't the public infrastructure in other places putting people on top of each other like subways. But I think multiple cities will be undergoing surges concurrently so who knows.

Plus we're all seeing people doing dumb shit in crowds no matter where we live I think.

edit: I just used the numbers from the last week.....eesh, about double the easter massacre
I tend to think this is the case.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Michigan, Florida, Mass, Illinois and Missouri seem to be next.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Holy fuck

almost doubled the change in deaths today compared to yesterday and we're not even done yet

americans want to get back to work though so we should be fine
Army of the dead seem to be growing at an average daily rate of 32% for the past dozen or so days.

Capture30.JPG