Quantcast

We all gon die. The pandemic thread.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just hit 2k deaths per day after dancing near it for a few days and the day is young.

In other news the air bnb's in my neighborhood are packed. Fortunately I have lots of empty liquor bottles laying around to fill up with gasoline, and some t-shirts set aside.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Just hit 2k deaths per day after dancing near it for a few days and the day is young.

In other news the air bnb's in my neighborhood are packed. Fortunately I have lots of empty liquor bottles laying around to fill up with gasoline, and some t-shirts set aside.

DUDE!!!!
That's not the way man!!!

You can't put that carbon shit into the atmosphere, you need to sequestration that shit.
Bury them in the woods, keeps the carbon out of the atmosphere and it's good for the trees which means it's good for tree lined trails.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Just hit 2k deaths per day after dancing near it for, a few days and the day is young.

Don't forget a bit of styrofoam dissolved into yer gas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm trying my best.

really? Napalm?

edit: checks internet

Also don't use champagne bottles, they are very strong, don't always break and can be thrown back. Punch a hole in the lid of a pickle jar for the wick and place a rock or large nut inside to ensure it breaks even if it hits a soft object.

Wear a wet cotton sweatshirt in case you get a little on ya.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Hey @DaveW, what does it feel like to have competent leadership watching over a country of not fucking morons? Much less a gov't that takes the approach of elimination over "we can live with a few hundred thousand dead as long as STONKS!!"?

It must be nice.

Currently it is rather nice, I'd love to say that's always the case but nope, previous government was horrendous!
Worthy of your banana republicans, but given that the PM was the former head of Merrill Lynch's head of global foreign exchange who helped kick off the Global Financial Crisis that shouldn't be too surprising.
Also worth noting that they are spending more on keeping small & medium businesses like mine afloat than the big corporate bailouts...... Like about 9 Billion Dollars worth!
But we can afford to do that as the government budget here has been running surpluses rather than deficits.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I honestly want Ivanka and Jarry to get up and address the press, or (omg) the public, and hear somebody tell them to sit the hell down and shut the fuck up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that's usually pretty noticeable on monday (especially here in the nation state of hair gel, and nordic countries) but not tuesdays from what I've seen.

Saturday and Sunday were higher daily totals than thursday and friday of last week for the US just fyi
There have been dips over the past several weekends. Monday/Tuesday aren't showing spikes but more of a normalization. I assume it is just that people have more time for thoughts and prayers on the weekends. I think people just need to quarantine themselves in Churches for the next few weeks for deep prayer sessions. My religion forbids me from socializing and my house of worship is dirt church. Much like Buddhism I pray through the turning of wheels.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not on what I've been logging. Not at all.

Agreed on churches. People of faith need one another in these trying times. So they can have faith science is stupid.

The highlighted days are Sundays. Proof that prayer can fix this. We need an executive order sending people to their houses of worship now. Golf clubs too.

Capture22.JPG

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The highlighted days are Sundays. Proof that prayer can fix this. We need an executive order sending people to their houses of worship now. Golf clubs too.

View attachment 143650
I like the conclusion so I concede the point.

Heres the Tuesday spike I think

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
'The outbreak is likely to have also led indirectly to a spike in deaths of New Yorkers who may never have been infected.'

As the economic lock down drags on it will be interesting to compare direct vs indirect covid deaths.
The results of financial ruin, substance abuse and mental health degradation may exceed direct covid deaths by the time the dust settles.

A poster on another forum, who just finished a FEMA stint in NYC with his ambulance company, commented on the incredible frequency of calls for cardiac arrest.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
As the economic lock down drags on it will be interesting to compare direct vs indirect covid deaths.
The results of financial ruin, substance abuse and mental health degradation may exceed direct covid deaths by the time the dust settles.
You mean the stuff we should be taking care of as a society at all times, whether or not there's a WooFlu?