Quantcast

We all gon die. The pandemic thread.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
You mean the stuff we should be taking care of as a society at all times, whether or not there's a WooFlu?
Yes.
But we know how ignorant people can be.
Driving 450hp toys despite environmental issues and all.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Heres the Tuesday spike I think
Worldometers hadn't included that yet. They had a note that said they'd go and sort through those new death data and put them in their proper allotted days when feasible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morons

Why aren't they protesting the lack of tests, or refusal to contain, that would allow opening everything back up?

Fucking cult.
Again, it only matters what Trump tells them, not what he actually does or doesn't do. If he says it's time to go back to work then that's what they want to do. None of them really believe that this is serious, until they are directly effected. By then it's too late and we are onto wave two. Like you said, we may be the only country dumb enough to do so.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Meanwhile, the first wave just posts day two of 2400+ deaths

That's deaths in a DAY, which is less than who was killed when a plane hit the pentagon and almost as much as two planes hitting two skyscrapers in manhattan.

I can't wait to get back to life before the shutdown. You know, when an uncontrolled virus was running rampant through the population without sufficient monitoring or abatement.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
That post by @mandown about how there have been no signs of empathy or grief at the tremendous number of lives lost to this virus by Herr Twitler has my curiosity piqued. I don't watch Fox News so I am wondering if there is anyone on that network that shows any signs of remorse for the dead. Do they ever mention them, offer a moment of silence, or even some thoughts and prayers for those who have perished ?

I see a few snippets here and there on CNN and others where they will mention a few individuals who have died, but not much else.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That post by @mandown about how there has been no signs of empathy or grief at the tremendous number of lives lost to this virus by Herr Twitler has my curiosity piqued. I don't watch Fox News so I am wondering if there is anyone on that network that shows any signs of remorse for the dead. Do they ever mention them, offer a moment of silence, or even some thoughts and prayers for those who have perished ?
Of course they do. Regularly.

It's just coded. You have recognize what words like "restart the economy" and "but inflluenza!" really mean. It means they care.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Of course they do. Regularly.

It's just coded. You have recognize what words like "restart the economy" and "but inflluenza!" really mean. It means they care.
Reminds me of those action movies where the Special Forces guy tells the Terrorist that he's ready to die for his country.

We need some new Uncle Sam (wants you to die for you economy) posters

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perhaps they will mourn when we hit 60 or 100k, because that is where we are heading even if we don't open the economy back up. It will far exceed the US deaths in Viet Nam. I have two degrees of separation to 3 people who have died. Confident here will be one degree by the time this is over.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yep.

A friend of mine just did a virtual funeral for her aunt and uncle in manhattan.

Still seems optimistic. Idiots who genuinely got reduced tax rates under the last administration bitched about blackie raising taxes. Unless something literally blows up in their face, like with an explosion, with fire and a loud noise, they won't understand it. And even then I'm still doubtful.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep.

A friend of mine just did a virtual funeral for her aunt and uncle in manhattan.

Still seems optimistic. Idiots who genuinely got reduced tax rates under the last administration bitched about blackie raising taxes. Unless something literally blows up in their face, like with an explosion, with fire and a loud noise, they won't understand it. And even then I'm still doubtful.

They will get it when they lose their second homes, struggle to pay the mortgage, get sick and their bootstraps break.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Perhaps they will mourn when we hit 60 or 100k, because that is where we are heading even if we don't open the economy back up. It will far exceed the US deaths in Viet Nam. I have two degrees of separation to 3 people who have died. Confident here will be one degree by the time this is over.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They will get it when they lose their second homes, struggle to pay the mortgage, get sick and their bootstraps break.
All that happened in 2008. They still just blamed it on clinton and poor people failing to recognize the problem.

I'm picturing a wife literally watching her husband drop dead in front of her and just thinking "we should have cut funding to the world health organization sooner." And if brian had lived instead of just laying there dead suffocating on his own esophagus, he would have agreed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
All that happened in 2008. They still just blamed it on clinton and poor people failing to recognize the problem.

I'm picturing a wife literally watching her husband drop dead in front of her and just thinking "we should have cut funding to the world health organization sooner." And if brian had lived instead of just laying there dead suffocating on his own esophagus, he would have agreed.

Dying for the Dow, a true hero.

Brave economic soldiers can kill themselves to reduce the unemployment rate. Perhaps not the battle they prepared for, but they got the guns.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Meanwhile, the first wave just posts day two of 2400+ deaths

That's deaths in a DAY, which is less than who was killed when a plane hit the pentagon and almost as much as two planes hitting two skyscrapers in manhattan.

I can't wait to get back to life before the shutdown. You know, when an uncontrolled virus was running rampant through the population without sufficient monitoring or abatement.

Well strike that shit. I don't know if it's NY now throwing in the numbers but Johns Hopkins has us nationally at almost 31k deaths. That would put us at 4700 for the day, almost doubled from yesterday.

Someone tell me about the economy. Please.

edit: just checked individual states between two different trackers: yep, all new york state

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
so this is one of those important points in time that we get to repeat in a few years and why if bourbon hasn't completely gelled my brain, I'll remember to bump back up....

We just doubled daily deaths in two days, three if you drop the NY non-diagnosed, the highest yet since we got into the 'real' numbers. And we have a bunch of dipshits screaming about 'back to normal' and "hurd mutiny'

This how we die

We earn this.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The complete shit show happening between the federal gov't and the states is just absurd.

But at least it provides some real honesty from the one guido motherfucker from queens who's had the opportunity to see trump's bullshit up close his whole life. This is good. Watch the whole thing. The mannerisms, the inflection..........fuck you and your daddy's real estate dick you rode in on!

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
The complete shit show happening between the federal gov't and the states is just absurd.

But at least it provides some real honesty from the one guido motherfucker from queens who's had the opportunity to see trump's bullshit up close his whole life. This is good. Watch the whole thing. The mannerisms, the inflection..........fuck you and your daddy's real estate dick you rode in on!

Brutal beat down.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

That was really good to watch, thanks.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's got to be extremely taxing on these guys on top of everything else they're dealing with: the notion that additional people may die if you speak honestly about the shit show the clown is causing, leading to even LESS federal help.

I'm not sure I could do it. Thankfully cuomo is a bit of a narcissist, so someone gets to.

Newsom in CA has actually been doing a pretty good job of walking that line. He's detailing deficiencies, not blowing smoke, and just not letting himself indulge in what has to be lurking just under the surface. I think that's probably where most of the reasonably intelligent governors sit at the moment. CA just said fuck it, we have the buying power of most of this country so we'll take over as much of this as possible. We're still hugely lagging in testing here though so I'm not sure it's working.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I got curious because NY state and city are going to be a template for every state that's not led a by a fucking moron. I was curious what they've been up to.

Here's the full monte

edit: there's some gold at 1hr 13min in that wasn't in the initial clip. Start there and follow through to 'the graphic'

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trump should open up the economy with a Walmart meet and greet tour. Press the flesh with the common man, unite and inspire.

Last edited:

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Loool, fvckin covfefe.

Workin in hospitals in San Mateo, we're barely like NY, maybe 1-2% of how shlt crazy they've been. Our patients range from early 20s to grammas n grampas. From totally asymptomatic to can barely stand and sit on the commode. This virus is LEGIT.

Y'all be safe. Wash your hands, dont touch your face, wash your hands again.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this guy did not wait for the virus...