Quantcast

We all gon die. The pandemic thread.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Dead link

What was it?
A chick in Jacksonville going on about how they can't get the CorEbolAids because they are not in Miami, are not Mexican, and are not drinking Corona beer, out of glass bottles. They drink Natural Light because it is Natural and Light and comes in Aluminum cans so is Corona proof....she then went on about how it is too hot for the virus ( and here I thought Miami was further south and has a higher mean temp ). The ending bit about needing toilet paper to soak up ball/vag sweat was the piece de resistance.... :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Looks like I may have been right:

"So I posted a video that was shared by over 4,600 people, so far so good... Over 1,000 people commented on the video, so far so good... The video is a HUGE joke, carried out by a brilliant actress, however Facebook says "This post goes against our Community Standards on misinformation that can cause physical harm". "

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A chick in Jacksonville going on about how they can't get the CorEbolAids because they are not in Miami, are not Mexican, and are not drinking Corona beer, out of glass bottles. They drink Natural Light because it is Natural and Light and comes in Aluminum cans so is Corona proof....she then went on about how it is too hot for the virus ( and here I thought Miami was further south and has a higher mean temp ). The ending bit about needing toilet paper to soak up ball/vag sweat was the piece de resistance.... :rofl:
parody or not, I need to find that

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So maybe I'm trying on tin foil hats here, but the reopening of the economy in GA has some suspicious choices for first businesses.

"Kemp, a Republican and staunch ally of President Donald Trump, on Monday announced Georgia would allow nail salons, massage therapists, bowling alleys and gyms to open Friday. In-person church services can resume. And restaurants and movie theaters can open Monday. His order also bars cities from imposing their own restrictions on businesses."

Some of theses choices seem to be targeted towards a specific demographic. One, that lets say is not a GOP constituency. Nail salons, massage therapists and tattoo studios are pretty much the opposite of social distancing and not businesses favored by conservatives. Why those places and not office buildings, banks, law offices, etc. ? Could the GOP down in GA be experimenting on "lower classes" before getting themselves into danger ? They have been blathering on about how some sacrifices will have to be made in order to save the economy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Noticed that there has been a significant uptick in cases in some pretty rural areas, North Dakota, Iowa, Kentucky and rural Ohio. The question is whether or not this is just the disease finding its way to remote areas or just a case of freedumbs/cofveve?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So maybe I'm trying on tin foil hats here, but the reopening of the economy in GA has some suspicious choices for first businesses.

Some of theses choices seem to be targeted towards a specific demographic. One, that lets say is not a GOP constituency. Nail salons, massage therapists and tattoo studios are pretty much the opposite of social distancing and not businesses favored by conservatives. Why those places and not office buildings, banks, law offices, etc. ? Could the GOP down in GA be experimenting on "lower classes" before getting themselves into danger ? They have been blathering on about how some sacrifices will have to be made in order to save the economy.

I used to live in atlanta. In that context it's a lot of black people. Everywhere else in georgia it's that weird fat white person thing that's racist as fuck but still gets their nails done like black people with toothless fuck racists sons that dig hip hop.

Basically the poors. Yes you're correct.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yep. We're fucked.

I just drove up to my office to pick something up. Looks like any summer weekend with traffic, bikes crossing the road, dude bros high fiving at a golf course that is apparently open now.

And the local hospital is about to dismantle its covid unit overflow because it needs to make room for elective surgeries to return. Where da money iz

Hey China: hold my beer

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's someone from california doing a hick accent. Spotted that immediately

such a shame. Because I know there's a video out there of a born and raised saying the same shit
The accent is clearly fake, but the fat chinless dullard look is spot on. I am guessing she is from St Louis.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Peter Navarro just said on television that China spawned the virus on the world, most likely from a biological weapons lab, but only after they bought up all of the global inventory on PPE.
:popcorn:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Trump says something stupid. Everyone beneath him has to say something stupiderer to relieve pressure.

I think I'm exposing my unwillingness to accept that these people might genuinely be this dumb. Fox news knows what they're doing, they're just assholes. But I think the people they get in power might genuinely just be this dense.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Trump says something stupid. Everyone beneath him has to say something stupiderer to relieve pressure.

I think I'm exposing my unwillingness to accept that these people might genuinely be this dumb. Fox news knows what they're doing, they're just assholes. But I think the people they get in power might genuinely just be this dense.
I too have struggled with this for Herr Twitler’s term. While he is clearly ignorant of many things necessary for his position, such as basic science, world history, etc., as well as appearing to have some cognitive impairment. He has a remarkable ability for manipulation. And that contradicts his lack of intelligence argument. A Sociopathic Savant perhaps.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And that contradicts his lack of intelligence argument. A Sociopathic Savant perhaps.
I should have been clearer. Trump is a fucking moron. Born rich, made richer by idiots who paid to use his name, plenty of room to fail.........he's literally had no motivation or need in life to ever learn or become good at anything. So he hasn't.

I'm talking about all the yes men around him. They all have to pretend to be as dumb as he is just because he's the one in power.

I've zero problem believing trump is a dipshit. He isn't manipulating anything through intellect or insight. He's got people telling him the importance of letting post office fail because of the liklihood of mail in ballots this fall. He only had people doing what he says because it's now officially a cult, and he's the figure head.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I too have struggled with this for Herr Twitler’s term. While he is clearly ignorant of many things necessary for his position, such as basic science, world history, etc., as well as appearing to have some cognitive impairment. He has a remarkable ability for manipulation. And that contradicts his lack of intelligence argument. A Sociopathic Savant perhaps.
You mean Conway and the puppets pulling the strings?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I haven't poked around my spreadsheet for a few days but it's safe to say that we've officially flattened curve for now, at least nationally.

Key issues: Manhattan and the surrounding health providers literally collapsing under the load...cooler trucks for morgues. A muted (but continual) spread of infection pretty much everywhere else. We still don't have real testing coverage.

I said a while ago that we're probably going to be the only country that double (triple?) peaks, or at least do it the most spectacularly, and everyone knows the conversations going on.

Mark my words. The next 3 weeks are where we blow this even worse.

Watch the south......as always.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I haven't poked around my spreadsheet for a few days but it's safe to say that we've officially flattened curve for now, at least nationally.

Key issues: Manhattan and the surrounding health providers literally collapsing under the load...cooler trucks for morgues. A muted (but continual) spread of infection pretty much everywhere else. We still don't have real testing coverage.

I said a while ago that we're probably going to be the only country that double (triple?) peaks, or at least do it the most spectacularly, and everyone knows the conversations going on.

Yup, for many this isn't real, wether they think it's a hoax or just a flu blown out of proportion. But I fear you are right and another wave/spike is coming. How can it not when social distancing that is barely being practiced is relaxed without any consistent method of managing infections with testing and contact tracing. So for those who are Hell bent on "opening up the economy", it's about to get very real. The South will rise again.

Unfortunately, that may be they only way we learn, if we can.

Survival will favor those with patience.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I'm not so sure, given the general warming and sunlight effects that may serve to curb it at the same time. Not that it won't keep increasing, but most likely linear.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada