We all gon die. The pandemic thread.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That's more cases each day than Japan has had in total since the start of the pandemic.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Ernest Hemingway: All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.

Me, on a mountain bike internet forum: Rudy Giuliani farted in court and gave someone COVID-19.

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Facebook is a car-plane-rocket-UFO-interdimensional-vehicle traffic-accident rubberneck drive-by. Here's what i saw this evening.

What's that you say?

Why, yes, the poster is a Florida resident!

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 9.14.17 PM.png

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I think we are about to witness Social Darwinism on a massive scale. Not much you can do for people who still believe it's a hoax and the anti-vaxers. Just try like Hell to avoid them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Facebook is a car-plane-rocket-UFO-interdimensional-vehicle traffic-accident rubberneck drive-by. Here's what i saw this evening.

What's that you say?

Why, yes, the poster is a Florida resident!

View attachment 153374

If this was posted by a person you know perhaps you could explain that what makes a pandemic bad is the combination of contagiousness and death rate. It isn't super deadly depending on who you are, but it is extraordinarily contagious, more so than the flu. And what prevents the flu from being this bad every year? Vaccines!

Fool

Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
If this was posted by a person you know perhaps you could explain that what makes a pandemic bad is the combination of contagiousness and death rate. It isn't super deadly depending on who you are, but it is extraordinarily contagious, more so than the flu. And what prevents the flu from being this bad every year? Vaccines!
Hoping I covered that by responding, “Go fuck yourself until your asshole pink-socks”

I mean, I’m awash in empathy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Operation Donnie Dumpster Fire declined an offer from Pfizer to buy more doses of vaccine so they sold it to other countries. This will slow down vaccinations by months. Unfucking real.

Pfizer has told the Trump administration it cannot provide substantial additional doses of its coronavirus vaccine until late June or July because other countries have rushed to buy up most of its supply, according to multiple individuals familiar with the situation.
Last summer, Pfizer officials had urged Operation Warp Speed to purchase 200 million doses, or enough of the two-shot regimen for 100 million people, according to people knowledgeable about the issue who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to discuss the situation. But the Warp Speed officials declined, opting instead for 100 million doses, they said. The New York Times first reported that federal officials passed on the opportunity when Pfizer offered to sell more doses.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
“Today, Rep. James E. Clyburn, Chairman of the Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, released new evidence indicating that Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Robert Redfield may have ordered subordinates to destroy an email showing that senior political appointees in the Trump Administration had attempted to stop the publication of scientific reports on the coronavirus.”

People died because of this. And they are still dying. I got a bunch of shiny quarters that say this is why the gestapo in FL raided that ladies home the other day too. And you god damned well know it isn't just CDC

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
"Destroy an email"... what a fucking joke. Once the email is sent, there's no "destroying" it. Fucking amateurs. :disgust1:
Your politicians are so old, they think it is possible :D
Honestly we had also a case of "delete this email" in our local administration. It makes it even more sad/strange, that the guy who commanded this seems to have sudied informatics.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My social life was changed exactly 0% by COVID.

I'm sure my old shrink would have something to say about that.
I quit riding bikes when my neighborhood trails got overrun with 'new mountainbikers' and bay area sierra club nazis, and I bought a dirt bike to run over both.

Socially.....nothing changed. At all. Because there is no social. This summer reminded me why.