Quantcast

We Are All On Drugs

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What a stupid ****ing song.
...wtf weezer?

If they'd've just quit after that first album, they'd've died legends. Now Im just starting to hate them.

But there is some good music out now. Im digging this metal band called Children of Bodom...those guys own. And for some reason I find myself liking "the killers" even though I know it sucks. Its just something fresh I guess.

System of a down is lame. Gwen Stefanie should get cancer.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Yes Dave Matthews should always be on the list of people that need to go away. I also second Gwen Stefani.

The Killers. I wish they could be involved in some kind of "Escaped From Zoo Lion Attack". God how I hate them.

And the new Foo Fighters song....barf to the max. Barf to the max extreme.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I thought there was nothing more annoying than a Lil John video. That was until I saw a System Of A Down video this morning.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
BurlyShirley said:
...wtf weezer?

If they'd've just quit after that first album, they'd've died legends. Now Im just starting to hate them.
Have you heard "Beverly Hills" by Weezer? If you haven't turn on the radio, they play this crap song every 20 minutes it seems like! Definitely wins the award for lamest song ever played on the radio. At least "Hey Ya" was kind of catchy.

The Ito

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Craw said:
And started dressing like a sluttier Boy George. No, wait. A sluttier, blind Boy George.

someone should tell her. she should also be told not to try to dance. eeee gads, its like watching a train wreck.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
bananas bananas wtf was she thinking? It goes from i ain't no hollaback girl to her spelling out bananas and going bananrama and ****

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The only good music on the radio right now is 10 years old...

I thought San Diego radio stations were the only ones lame enough to play the same 10 songs over and over again. My current guaranteed to get the station changed bands are pinback, the killers, louis XIV, some band doing remixes of songs that used to be pretty good, hmm, I thought there were others. Maybe San Diego radio stations are lame enough to play only 4 bands over and over again. Even the classic rock station went to crap when they started having morning DJ's who talk more than they play music all friggen day long :mumble:

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
I've always been a big weezer fan and I'm pretty disappointed with their last few releases. I know they've got it in them to kick ass, but its like they just stopped trying. After pinkerton Rivers quit acid, got his leg fixed, and graduated from harvard, I believe.
It must be harvards fault.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Spitfired said:
I've always been a big weezer fan and I'm pretty disappointed with their last few releases. I know they've got it in them to kick ass, but its like they just stopped trying. After pinkerton Rivers quit acid, got his leg fixed, and graduated from harvard, I believe.
It must be harvards fault.
couldn't agree more, you notice how the first crappy CD they put out was the green album (green = $) I'm just suprised I havent heard one of their songs on the OC. uh wait I mean I've never seen that show... yea thats it.

the new gorilla's album ih hella dope!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
lovebunny said:
the new interpol is pretty sweet. as is the new mudvayne. i do agree with kornphlake on the san diego station thing though. i cant even listen to rock 105.3 anymore

Try 104.5, seriously, it's better than the so called rock stations, at least they have some variety. Just don't listen to it very loud in your car or some chicano is likely to go postal on you.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Kornphlake said:
My current guaranteed to get the station changed bands are pinback, the killers, louis XIV, some band doing remixes of songs that used to be pretty good, hmm, I thought there were others.
But..."We don't talk over the ends or beginnings of songs! And we'll TELL you we don't after EVERY song, as if it's somehow REALLY important! And we play incredible music, even if it is just pinback, the killers, louis XIV, and the same Dead Kennedys and Dead Milkmen and Sex Pistols song over and over every time we play one of these bands for 'credibility'!"

Ugh. Need to start listening to CDs in the garage, cuz the radio is killing me. I really only listen to NPR these days.

MD

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
99% of all music on the radio is crapapapap. Luckily I have a non-profit non-public radio station locally that plays decent music most of the time, except in the afternoons when they play mostly emo type crap.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Westy said:
99% of all music on the radio is crapapapap. Luckily I have a non-profit non-public radio station locally that plays decent music most of the time, except in the afternoons when they play mostly emo type crap.

What station and what area of va?

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
A good station that's been pretty good so far is 103.1 in Los Angeles, they play a wide range of stuff. X, Black Flag, Pixies, Misfits, Iggy Pop, Stone Roses, Joy Division...crazy range of music. Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols has his own show. Rollins used to...

Dickie Barrett from the Bosstones just started his morning show a while back, he plays some good stuff too.

They do play some of the more radio friendly hits ie: Foo Fighters, Killers, etc. They gotta pay the bills...

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
BurlyShirley said:
...wtf weezer?

But there is some good music out now. Im digging this metal band called Children of Bodom...those guys own. And for some reason I find myself liking "the killers" even though I know it sucks. Its just something fresh I guess.

System of a down is lame. Gwen Stefanie should get cancer.

Children of Bodom have been around forever. they are by far one of my favorite metal bands. they rock out with their cocks out for sure.

the new SOAD cd is not very bad at all. looking at it from a creative point of view,it's almost unbeatable. i love how they mix corny comical lines into their songs and still thrown down at the same time.the guitarist for them is a musical and lyrical genuis. nothing wrong with that band at all.

and if you go around calling SOAD lame and professing your love for The Killers in the line above....you need to be :nuts:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
the new interpol is pretty sweet. as is the new mudvayne. i do agree with kornphlake on the san diego station thing though. i cant even listen to rock 105.3 anymore
If you think S.D. radio is bad, come up to Los Angeles. It's either KROQ which is the most commercial, soul-less, crap radio in the world. Or you get hip-hop or mexican music. ARGH! Well, we have one decent station now. Owned by a mexican radio station company, with ads handled by Clear Channel (The devil). But the play decent music. And they gave Henry Rollins a show and Dicky Barrett does the morning drive.
If you are close enough KXLU is great. But you have to be in their 2 mile broadcast radius.
I know that 91X used to be cool. I take it that they are not cool anymore?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Westy said:
WNRN out of Charlottesville.
Is that the station that started up around 96 or so while I was at school there? Low on the dial, but I can't recall the frequency...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MikeD said:
Is that the station that started up around 96 or so while I was at school there? Low on the dial, but I can't recall the frequency...
91.9. Not sure when they started, wasn't here until '99. I'm not going to say that they are the greatest station in the world but pretty good and the total lack of advertising is great.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
KEXP is pretty good. No commmercials and you can listen to them on the web too. They take requests from all over the world as long as it's not during their specialty shows.

Has anyone heard the DJ Spooky remix of Public Enemy? It rocks pretty tuff.

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
MikeD said:
WNRN is the SH!T!

it's either 88.1 here in Staunton and surrounding or 91.9 in C-ville and the other side of Afton Mtn.

no commercials at all! AWESOME metal show after 12 on most nights and a very good hip-hop show called the Boombox from 10-12. i don't listen to a lot of hip-hop,but they do play great stuff!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I heard the lyrics from "Beverly Hills". Cuomo is complaining how is car is a piece of crap. Dude, you are in a super successful band. The last time you had a POS was when you were 16.

Sorry, just a rant...